Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orthodontist

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

my child is attending an orthodondist in Limerick. My child needs a lot of work done over rhe next few yrs and my other younger kids may also need work done over the next few years. This guy is (I think) very expensive. Money is VERY tight at present. I was suggesting to my wife that I approach him and ask him if he would be able to do anything for us on the price, and she was horrified at the thought of my doing this.
    Im in business and ALL the companies we provide a service for are asking me for, and are getting discounts. I dont see why he should be any different. Im earning less than I was a year ago, Im charging less for my service, most service providors are.
    Any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

banjobongo wrote: »
    my child is attending an orthodondist in Limerick. My child needs a lot of work done over rhe next few yrs and my other younger kids may also need work done over the next few years. This guy is (I think) very expensive. Money is VERY tight at present. I was suggesting to my wife that I approach him and ask him if he would be able to do anything for us on the price, and she was horrified at the thought of my doing this.
    Im in business and ALL the companies we provide a service for are asking me for, and are getting discounts. I dont see why he should be any different. Im earning less than I was a year ago, Im charging less for my service, most service providors are.
    Any feedback?

Could you not get this work done through the Health Board/St Camilus's?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OP, try asking the same question in the Dental Issues forum.
    Lots of Dentists and Orthodontists are posting there, and should give you a better idea of the available options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I think that Orthdonists should have to bow to markets forces also OP.

Why not tell him you are prepared to leave if you can get it done cheaper elsewhere? - I'm sure he is probably obliged to hand over all records to date to next Orthodontist, and if you challenge him on it he certainly will.....

- What ever you decide I think it would be wrong to fail to act out of some awkwardness or whatever - this Guy is prob. shopping for his 3rd Yacht.

P.S. If you have a number of Kids lining up for this then you should seek assurances of the teeth not moving a few years later.... I know of a few people including myself who have had this happen - ie. make sure you don't have to cough up again..... Dental issues should be a good source of info there.....

Advertisement