Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another blow to the Darwinists' Dastardly Delusion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

catallus wrote: »
    WHOA THERE!!!!

You mean it didn't exist until an expert said it did?

Expert meaning a Scientist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Anybody have any recipes for cooking one of these?

Just use one of your elephant recipes, and reduce the cooking times accordingly. I'd have thought that would be obvious, to be honest.

ectoraige wrote: »
    How do you *know* they were there? God just put them there and then they were discovered. And we weren't "lucky" to have discovered it, it was in God's plan, do you not realise that if God didn't want us to have discovered it, it would have made it invisible. Just like the invisible pink unicorns.

WOW god sure plans ahead doesnt he. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

We should exterminate it now, now I say.

300,000,000 years ago another shrew was discovered who had also survived a series of global extinction events, that shrew went on the produce the race of people populating this planet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Seriously, you think those little fellas were just running around Western Africa for years and nobody noticed? Really?

You're being tricked by the Mercator projection (to paraphrase the late Michael Crichton). Africa is a really big place. Congo alone is bigger than Greenland.

The Namib desert is almost as large as the island of Ireland. Good luck finding anything in that barren wasteland, much less an animal that weighs one ounce and is the colour of its surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

And there was me thinking it was the size of Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Hail Satan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I just have to say I am really enjoying this thread

jonon9 wrote: »
    WOW god sure plans ahead doesnt he. :rolleyes:

That's why he's God, and not just some bloke called Martin, or Jimmy.

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    I just have to say I am really enjoying this thread
    As was God's intention when he placed the eleshrew behind that rock.
    More proof of his mysterious ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I hope he makes a flying Giraffe next that would be epic he could mix the Giraffe with an Eagle, then I would believe...

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    .... then I would believe...

You might, but even then there would be millions who would refuse to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You're being tricked by the Mercator projection (to paraphrase the late Michael Crichton). Africa is a really big place. Congo alone is bigger than Greenland.

The Namib desert is almost as large as the island of Ireland. Good luck finding anything in that barren wasteland, much less an animal that weighs one ounce and is the colour of its surroundings.

I'd find it easy if the BABY JESUS wanted it found!

Clearly this thing only popped into existence last week sometime. That's the only rational explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Oh dear. I thought the OP was a satirical post and he was just keeping up the charade in his follow on posts. Just looked through his posting history. Holy Mother of Divine Jaysus, He's serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

seamus wrote: »
    How come this animal isn't mentioned in the Bible? How did it survive the flood? Checkmate, god-fags.
    God clearly created this for the pet trade. It's small enough to fit in a persons hand and be petted so therefore god created it for humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

*cough*EdwardCurrent*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Calibos wrote: »
    Oh dear. I thought the OP was a satirical post and he was just keeping up the charade in his follow on posts. Just looked through his posting history. Holy Mother of Divine Jaysus, He's serious!

Given his nasty attitude, one would have to wonder if his IP address can be traced back to 23 Merrion Square, Dublin.

Hi Pope :)

*Googles 23 Merrion Sq.

:rolleyes:

You really don't like those guys, do you?! :P

Discovered now because it was made by god now.

A horrendously ridiculous statement, as this shrew has been identified as being genetically close to the Elephant, this species is millions of years old.

It obviously was very successful we enjoyed millions and million of Elephants over the millennia, as was the intention of this creation from the beginning, it swarmed the earth and began to compete with itself so it grew and dominated and then the other shrew when into decline.

Just as the shrew that made us 3 hundred million years ago, that shrew is still around and poised to make us again if conditions return.

That's pretty much the facts, God has no hand in the matter any more and has not had for hundreds of billions of years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

*COUGH*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Red Nissan wrote: »
    A horrendously ridiculous statement, as this shrew has been identified as being genetically close to the Elephant, this species is millions of years old.
    Maybe it was an elephant that displeased god so he turned it into a shrew? Like how he punished the tyrannosaurus rex by turning it into a chicken.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Maybe it was an elephant that displeased god so he turned it into a shrew? Like how he punished the tyrannosaurus rex by turning it into a chicken.

Some say it's the chicken and egg, but the egg came first, the shrew was there before the elephant.

And God knew that if he allowed the shrew carrying our genes to progress, we'd need plenty of Kentucky Fried Chicken so that was a really clever move, smart biy that god, how many chickens can one make from just one T-Rex.

Mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maleficent

Chance.

Hi Pope :)

*Googles 23 Merrion Sq.

:rolleyes:

You really don't like those guys, do you?! :P

I tend not to like totalitarians. Or trolls, for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Even for after hours the logic in some of the posts here are ridicolous. If a herd of 1000 elephants suddenly populated the phoenix park you might be on to something but. A nearly discovered rodent like proves one thing and one thing only: A newly discovered rodent like creature has been discovered.

• Advertisement

Even for after hours the logic in some of the posts here are ridicolous. If a herd of 1000 elephants suddenly populated the phoenix park you might be on to something but. A nearly discovered rodent like proves one thing and one thing only: A newly discovered rodent like creature has been discovered.

No, there's a second thing.

Creationists are thick.

A newly discovered rodent like creature has been discovered.

We are back 45 years to my darkroom and I tell the class the chemical reactions that takes place and the correct mixture of the chemicals and that the temperature is then vital, especially for the film developing as we cannot see it happening so we must control it perfectly.

Anyway in the darkroom the film developing goes without question and we dry the film and cut a negative strip and put it in the enlarger and project the negative image onto a focusing frame and then we switch to red light and place a live sheet of photographic paper in the frame and expose the paper to the enlarger light for a few seconds.

We then move the paper to the developer tray and swish it around and an image starts to appear, as expected, "A Wizard goes a shout, A Wizard, A Wizard"

One of my pupils thought it was magic and he convinced the whole school that I was a Wizard, and I had a following in my last year that was embarrassing, I could no longer teach the class, they just wanted more magic.

And I was just a fellow student doing photography as an extra curriculum subject and using my own gear as the school's darkroom was a closet.

We are back 45 years to my darkroom and I tell the class the chemical reactions that takes place and the correct mixture of the chemicals and that the temperature is then vital, especially for the film developing as we cannot see it happening so we must control it perfectly.

Anyway in the darkroom the film developing goes without question and we dry the film and cut a negative strip and put it in the enlarger and project the negative image onto a focusing frame and then we switch to red light and place a live sheet of photographic paper in the frame and expose the paper to the enlarger light for a few seconds.

We then move the paper to the developer tray and swish it around and an image starts to appear, as expected, "A Wizard goes a shout, A Wizard, A Wizard"

One of my pupils thought it was magic and he convinced the whole school that I was a Wizard, and I had a following in my last year that was embarrassing, I could no longer teach the class, they just wanted more magic.

And I was just a fellow student doing photography as an extra curriculum subject and using my own gear as the school's darkroom was a closet.

Interesting analogy. Wonder what parents reaction would be if a teacher suggested locking himself in a closet with a class of school kids. Surely the kids had seen photos before.

We can beat around the bush for years to come but the fact of the matter is what ever science discovers you will have the fanatics there saying yes it was gods work. The day life is truly found on another planet will be a day for the history books but than again the Bible will be republished with an extra article on how god created life elsewhere. Creationism a one trick pony.

As they say Science is a question of "Why". Religion is "What I say goes"

Interesting analogy. Wonder what parents reaction would be if a teacher suggested locking himself in a closet with a class of school kids. Surely the kids had seen photos before.

I had my own darkroom off campus, it was a secondary school and fifth class or above, so no 'children' in those days, class was eight or ten.

1970 was the date, Moon Landing only months ago ~ yes, you'd think.

The school's darkroom was a closet and only suitable for one, so not suitable to actually teach anything. This had been a very progressive school for the sciences in the recent past, but by the time I was a sixth year, it was dormant.

It was extracurricular too. But we did have two teachers overseeing everything.

• Advertisement

I had my own darkroom off campus, it was a secondary school and fifth class or above, so no 'children' in those days, class was eight or ten.

1970 was the date, Moon Landing only months ago ~ yes, you'd think.

The school's darkroom was a closet and only suitable for one, so not suitable to actually teach anything. This had been a very progressive school for the sciences in the recent past, but by the time I was a sixth year, it was dormant.

It was extracurricular too. But we did have two teachers overseeing everything.

Fair enough. Wonder if there are any out there in ireland still with their own dark room. Don't people use red lights of some description for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

jonon9 wrote: »
    We can beat around the bush for years to come but the fact of the matter is what ever science discovers you will have the fanatics there saying yes it was gods work. The day life is truly found on another planet will be a day for the history books but than again the Bible will be republished with an extra article on how god created life elsewhere. Creationism a one trick pony.

As they say Science is a question of "Why". Religion is "What I say goes"

Religion keeps moving the goal posts whenever it gets shown to be the ridiculous ****e that it is.

If there was any other aspect of life/society that flip flopped that much no one would pay it any heed at this stage.

Fair enough. Wonder if there are any out there in ireland still with their own dark room. Don't people use red lights of some description for that.

St John's College Cork, they have some of my previously owned equipment and they still develop film and make prints.

Remember, my story is in the past, 44 years ago. I showed the science, I was teaching the science and the procedure and yet one student thought it was magic.

And I was 17 years of age, as he was, I was a fellow student, but howsanever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Na, a mouse climbed into an elephant and had a ****. If an elephant shagged a mouse he'd tear it to a million pieces.

I lol'd at that. Then I saw your username and I lol'd some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ScumLord wrote: »

Seems like something he'd do, sure Jesus got pissed at a fig tree and started talking to it. Who knows what animal shenanigans he's been up to these last few thousand years.

krudler wrote: »
    Seems like something he'd do, sure Jesus got pissed at a fig tree and started talking to it. Who knows what animal shenanigans he's been up to these last few thousand years.

Unfortunately, we do know, his supposed followers etx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hold on, the OP is serious?? :(

Kinda ruins the fun I was having in this thread. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

I'll just leave this here

MBWZHQ0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'll just leave this here

MBWZHQ0.jpg

you of all people should know that you can't kneel down without legs...

Einhard wrote: »
    Hold on, the OP is serious?? :(

Kinda ruins the fun I was having in this thread. :mad:

AND is posting in AH.

ENJOY.

We don't usually get banless treats like this, it's like Atheists's Heaven, and we might even actually really see a side we even did not believe existed, so we are grateful for the poster too as much as we may look on in dismay, some do actually believe, I say it's forewarning that we need to facilite these people appropriately in mental health institutions, and it is a real problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

The Cosmic joker strikes again. Then Pinocchio - now this. الله أكبر الله أكبر

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

It obviously was very successful we enjoyed millions and million of Elephants over the millennia, as was the intention of this creation from the beginning, it swarmed the earth and began to compete with itself so it grew and dominated and then the other shrew when into decline.

Just as the shrew that made us 3 hundred million years ago, that shrew is still around and poised to make us again if conditions return.

That's pretty much the facts, God has no hand in the matter any more and has not had for hundreds of billions of years.

I wouldn't bother arguing - fantastic argument above, but arguing with this guy is like arguing with a member of the flat earth society ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

the_monkey wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother arguing - fantastic argument above, but arguing with this guy is like arguing with a member of the flat earth society ..
    What you sayin 'bout my society bud?

It obviously was very successful we enjoyed millions and million of Elephants over the millennia, .
    Ok, for sure, I might have stroked a trunk or two, but enjoyed???

I think not.

Hmrph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

But Wait - There's More! First Scientific Proof Of God Found:
    The Language in the “Junk DNA”, the DNA that scientists had for years discarded as useless, was indistinguishable from ancient Aramaic. Even more amazingly, as linguists started to translate the code within the human genome, they found that parts of the script it contained were at times remarkably close in composition to verse found in the bible. And at times contained direct biblical quotes.

On the human gene PYGB, Phosporomylase Glycogen, a non-coding transposon, holds a linguistic sequence that translates as “At first break of day, God formed sky and land.” This bears a stunning similarity to Gen 1:1 “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

patently obvious fact that a new animal has been created *

FYP there for you :D

* patent pending...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

bnt wrote: »

Original article was posted on a satire website.

A hoax in other words.

The miracle of creation continues to defy the vanity of Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I like the use of assonance in your title, the triple D sound has the repetitive chatter of a Lewis gun, a wordy reminder on this fateful day when the poor Archduke was shot. Good use of the apostrophy too. Grammar to which you could set a clock.

Advertisement