Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed from Geography students

• 06-08-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Ok, i'm in a right kerfuffle. I've just finished first year in UCC last May and have a Geography essay due for Monday but its one of those airy fairy ones where a concise question is not being asked. The title is 'The Future Boundaries in a Globalised World'.

I dont even know where to start on this one. What points should i be trying to make? Maybe globalisation will continue to favour the rich ahead of the poor?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Ah come on people there has be at least ONE geography student on here! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'm not a geography student, but have you tried emailing your lecturers? Mine are always wonderful.

That's a rotten-sounding assignment, by the way. If you're feeling like this, chances are, so is everyone else. Are they even allowed to ask such ambiguous questions?

Best of luck. I hope a geographical person comes on and helps. :)

I'm not a geography student, but have you tried emailing your lecturers? Mine are always wonderful.

That's a rotten-sounding assignment, by the way. If you're feeling like this, chances are, so is everyone else. Are they even allowed to ask such ambiguous questions?

Best of luck. I hope a geographical person comes on and helps. :)
    I've no intention of emailing them at this stage, i know for a fact i would get back abuse from one of them, "why have you left it so late, why didn't you study in may, blah blah blah" :)

Yes they're allowed ask any questions they want. Luckily i'm giving up Geography and keeping on History and Archaeology from Sept onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

grenache wrote: »
    I've no intention of emailing them at this stage, i know for a fact i would get back abuse from one of them, "why have you left it so late, why didn't you study in may, blah blah blah" :)

How mean of them!

Hope you get it sorted, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Hey dude!

Not really going to be that much help considering I barely scraped a pass in it this year!! :D

BUT...

...if you're stuck to reach the word count goal you could like write about those boundaries you mentioned between rich and poor in the future but you could take it from the angle that there may be less boundaries as it becomes more globalised as things seem to be brought closer together and through formation of more international organisations such as the EU?? :o

Might get you another paragraph or two I dunno??! :confused:

• Advertisement

JamieK wrote: »
    Hey dude!
    ...if you're stuck to reach the word count goal you could like write about those boundaries you mentioned between rich and poor in the future but you could take it from the angle that there may be less boundaries as it becomes more globalised as things seem to be brought closer together and through formation of more international organisations such as the EU?? :o
    Thats not a bad idea, cheers for that.

Advertisement