Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submarines

Options
  • 24-05-2013 5:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to dive the UC42 sub in Cork harbour? I know there was some talk of restricting access to it but have heard no more about it in a while. At 27mm it seems like a better option than U260 near Baltimore which is 40m+ I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Ring Ocean addicts in Kinsale. Graham or Anne can sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Access has not been removed to the best of my knowledge .

There was some talk about artifacts being stripped then seemingly on a subsiquent dive they had been miracilously reattached including the crustations :-)
    Diver error or misorientated on the wreck i guess .

There was a discussion about it on technicaldiving.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for the info gents

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bad news this morning at one of these boats :(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0702/627966-divers/

Be careful out there guys

Advertisement