Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Depression

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

In my own experiences I've learned that going to parents is the most difficult thing to do. I have a close relationship with my brother and we talk about everything. It maybe easier to go to a sibling, if you have one, or a close friend who you know will want to do anything they can to help, and trust me you could count on your friends more than you think.

Try to stay positive during the day, ignore everyone else, what you preceve they think and do your thing. If things don't get any better go to a GP and he will refer you. Try not to go on meds because they are a big shock to your system, physically more than anything else.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Hello, I think everyone has given you great advice here and I really hope you can take some of it on board, I'm 25 and have a sister in 5th year, and to be honest - I dont think it sounds like you are depressed, I think it sounds like you are battling with the emotions that alot of people go through at some stage, especially girls in their teens and early twenties.

I studied psychology and do research on depression and people with depression and there are different forms of depression. Anti depressants are only really beneficial when the depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain and from what you are describing- this doesnt sound like you.

My sister goes through her ups and downs, and I have been worried that she may suffer from depression - her lows are low, her highs are high, but fortunatley the highs outweigh the lows, and when shes low I try to get her to think of the highs.

There are also loads of places you can turn to that deal directly with this:
    Try:
    www.teenline.ie ,
    www.reachout.com.au , specifically http://www.reachout.com.au/screamdream.asp

you can type in all your worries and insecurities and no one will ever read them or see them, just a great place to vent!!

I think you have made a big step by reaching out and asking for help and advice, this is a really brave and big step so well done!!! If you ever want to chat, PM me and I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Advertisement