Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for advice on new Alloys

Options
  • 28-02-2015 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

All, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm fairly clueless about cars so forgive me these are stupid Qs.

I bought a Black 2008 BWM 320i Coupe. The wheels on it are oksih, kinda boring, but the tyres are very noisy and seem to be cheap. I am defo getting new tyres but figured I'd get wheels too. Thing is I don't know how much to pay or what's a good deal.

Was going to go with AVA Miami, can get the from fkperformance delivered with bct tyres (which I don't want) for 780. Have yet to ask for a tyre upgrade option as I don't know what to ask for for this car or what price I should be paying.

I was also told I could sell my old wheels and tyres, any ideas what I'd get for them? The wheels are in decent nic and the tyres have about 40% on them. Can upload photo tomorrow if necessary.

Any advice on shops, or even other wheels/tyres I should consider would be welcome. I also like the riva DBZ. They's the style of wheel I'd ideally get.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Bear in mind that your factory wheels will be much better quality than many aftermarket ones. Some of these are very heavy, poorly made and nowhere near as strong as the OE wheels.

There are very high quality aftermarket wheels available too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bear in mind that your factory wheels will be much better quality than many aftermarket ones. Some of these are very heavy, poorly made and nowhere near as strong as the OE wheels.

There are very high quality aftermarket wheels available too though.

I was about to give out there but you saved that with the last line.

If you want to swap wheels, save mo eh and buy good quality goods.
    Cheap alloys look like crap and bend like nothing else.

We'll need pictures if we're to give an estimate.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A second hand set of genuine BBS wheels are worth a look. Lots of good styles around. I got mine a year ago and love them on my BMW. I can't really comment on the difference between the genuine ones vs reps however.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

So the feeling I get is that AVA's aren't really any good anyway?

Going to look at a second hand set of original BMWs 18s later today, perhaps they'd be the better option?
    (Can post link if you want to give me you opnions?)
    Guy has two sets, both look nice but a little scratched, but I imagin I can get those fixed if they're annoying me.
    Mostly I would just like 18s and decent tyres, not crazy about rims being flashy.

Here are mine:
    9KAgllM.jpg?1 x9hBG6T.jpg?1

Advertisement