Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Mouse Question

Options
  • 04-02-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

hey all,

currently use my old mouse, a Logitech MX something something something, in work. it still has the some problems that stopped me using it gaming at home. battery life is gone really poor, plus i now find that the click and hold the m3 button is a little gammy, and wont always work.
    at work its mainly used for AutoCAD, or Tekla (a 3d modeling program similar to revit)
    i have no problem paying a decent few quid on a mouse for work (7-8 hours a day). i prefer a large mouse. i would like to do without the docking station that this one comes with, as i will also be working on a laptop in the coming weeks.
    all of the above would be easy for me to sort, here is the trickier part.
    the scroll wheel, it has to have a good solid click to it, i never use the free scroll, but the click scroll is used all the time in my work (zoom in to set a scale in a viewport, and the scroll will ever now and then click and change the scale).
    we have tried a few cheaper work bought ones here, and they ranged from really poor in this aspect, to "well i can work with it"
    so think to hell with it, am buying my own, good quality one.

so who has a good, nice sized, not silly money, wireless mouse, that has a propper scroll click. it would be nice to have either replaceable battery, or can charge from a cable, that allows you to keep working.
    :confused:

Lost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

My MX finally died and I replaced it with a performance MX. I don't use all the bells and whistles. It is comfortable, charges from a USB and can be used while charging. The scroll click is positive or can be turned off. It also works on any surface including glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Have a go at replacing the battery. I have an MX1000 - and the battery died on it a few months back. I bought a replacement online - it takes about 5 minutes to swap out the old one, and while you've got it cracked open you can give it a good clean on the inside.
    The battery cost a bit over a tenner. Well worth it - it's a great mouse and it would cost a fair whack to buy a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

have had it apart aright to see about the middle mouse button, its a small micro switch, so though it might have been some dirt caught in it, but its fairly buried away Did the best clean on it I could and the result was, not much better.
    but thinking on it, will try going with the replace the battery and another clean for now (have compressed air this time which i didn't last time). its a big lump of a recharge cradle with it though and that also works as the receiver. that may be a pain for transporting in laptop case.
    thanks to both of you for the reply's, will also do some research on the performance MX and keep an eye on prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Battery was ordered and replaced. A week's work under it belt and we nly dropped one bar.
    the compressed air has helped with the middle mouse button , but it's still not great. But I will live with it.
    thanks for the replays all.

Advertisement