Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is my computer worth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

friend has asked me to sell a computer for him

dell inspiron 546
    amd athlon 7550 dual 2.5 GHz
    2 gb ram
    64 bit windows 7
    screen IN1910Nf screen 18.5 inch
    keyboard and mouse
    dvd cd

ballpark figure would be nice

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

ballpark figure would be nice

100 +/- 50 maybe.
    I'd struggle to see any demand for it though, so you'd probably end up selling whatever parts you could - for a lot less

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

Built a computer and going to sell it looking for a idea on price now may be just the base unit

Amd 8350

4gb of ram

Windows 8.1 ( i may be able to dual boot to hackintosh aswell)

amd 6950 2gb card

blu ray drive

Looking for a price on that thanks. Now there may be some other stuff i can do for that system for starters could have a keyboard and mouse and a tv (with a vga input) and i do have a amd 270x i was going to sell so could put it into the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

About 400, with another 4gb ram and the 270x you could probably get 600.

cheers would that be for the base unit on its own ? and if i do sell it where would the best place to sell it be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

eastyy wrote: »
    cheers would that be for the base unit on its own ? and if i do sell it where would the best place to sell it be ?

Ebay, because any shop that buys anything would only buy it for a price where they could sell it for a decent profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Hi,

Considering selling some parts to fund a refresh.

Selling the following

Gigabyte z77x-d3h
    Core i5 3570k
    Artic Cooling Freezer i30co
    HD 7850
    Bitfenix Shinobi Case

or May just sell the 7850 to upgrade to gtx970

What u think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thinking of changing my iMac. Any idea what this would be worth:

Early 2009 iMac 20"
    2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 duo
    4GB Ram
    I TB storage

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

Thinking of selling my GPU for an upgrade .
    What would be a reasonable price to sell a 3GB XFX HD7950 ?
    Cheers

Thinking of selling my GPU for an upgrade .
    What would be a reasonable price to sell a 3GB XFX HD7950 ?
    Cheers

I would be happy to get about 120-130 for it. The R9 280 which is more or less the same card can be had new for about 190 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

new parts ordered so I will be selling the following

Gigabyte z77x-d3h
    Core i5 3570k
    Artic Cooling Freezer i30co
    xfx HD 7850 DD
    Bitfenix Shinobi Case
    DVD rewriter

Could be a good base for a cheap build?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Hi Guys,
    Looking to see what I might be able to get if I put my home server up for sale. I built this in November 2012 but its gotten very little usage as I moved and didnt have the room for it afterwards so its been unplugged since around the same time. Specs are as follows.

SuperMicro X9SCM-F Board
    Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 3.3GHz
    16GB ECC RAM (4x4GB DDR3-1333)
    HP Smart Array P410 256MB cache
    HP SAS Expander 24 Port
    X-Case RM 424 - 24 Hotswap Bay 6GB Mini SAS (SATA/SAS Backplane) - Rail Kit included
    20 x 2TB drives.
    Windows 2012 Server R2

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

I Have an older pc sitting around and have decided to sell on as it has been sitting unused for well over a year and a bit.
    This is more to find an average impartial price as I don't want to overcharge anyone or lose out.

Specs are:

Asus P5Q deluxe motherboard
    Intel Q9550 E0 stepping(never got around to overclocking it though)
    Noctua nh-d14(possibly included, was in this system until I built a new one, thinking of upgrading current system)
    Kingston value ram 2x2gb 800mhz
    Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1gb
    XFX pro 750w semi-modular power supply
    Fractal R3 case
    No Hdd although I could pop a mechanical in there if needs be.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi All,

We've a pending arrival in the next few months so I'll be losing my office (good and bad news I know), anyway, I'm going to sell my main PC on Adverts but I've no idea of the worth of the system, any ideas of the value?

Primary HDD 256GB SSD
    Other drives - 4 x 3TB drive and 1 x 1.5
    Video - Dual nVidia GTX680
    RAM - 12GB
    Processor - i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    Case - Alienware Area 51 Venting case.
    Primary Optical Drive - Blu Ray Read/DVD RW
    Other Opticals - Multi-Card Reader & DVD RW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mobo?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mobo?

I don't know to be honest, it's an Alienware Area 51 desktop and the mobo would be the original, I can run a full spec on it later if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Mobo?

Details from Belarc are - Board: Alienware 0XDJ4C

Clareman wrote: »
    Details from Belarc are - Board: Alienware 0XDJ4C

Even though the motherboard and processor are a bit out of date the drives and graphics cards are worth a bit

I sold my system on adverts for £300 and that was a amd 8350 with 6gb of ram and a 250gb harddrive and two 6950 in crossfire

If it is two 680s you have then i reckon could get 500 to 600 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

price on the following.....thanks in advance

XPS730x Case/w 1k psu
    Cpu/i5 3570 3.4GHz
    Gfx/570ti
    ASUS Maximus V Gene. Motherboard
    corsair vengeance Ram/4gb ddr3
    sandisk SSD/120gb extreme editition + 3 X 500gb SATA
    Screen :Dell 2407W with speaker bar
    XPS KeyBoard , Mouse Razer Deathadder
    5.1 turtle beach XPS Headset

• Advertisement

eastyy wrote: »
    Even though the motherboard and processor are a bit out of date the drives and graphics cards are worth a bit

I sold my system on adverts for £300 and that was a amd 8350 with 6gb of ram and a 250gb harddrive and two 6950 in crossfire

If it is two 680s you have then i reckon could get 500 to 600 euro

Yeah, it's 2 680's in SLI, I didn't think it was only worth that amount :( I'll have to rethink what to do with it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Yeah, it's 2 680's in SLI, I didn't think it was only worth that amount :( I'll have to rethink what to do with it now

You would probably make more by splitting it up to be honest. Alienwares never hold their value because there generally overpriced for what they are in the beginning.
    You could probably get 350-400 for the gfx cards.
    200 for mobo, cpu and ram
    70 ish for the ssd and about 50-60 for each of the 3TB drives.
    Then the case could go for upto 50 quid maybe.

It all depends how comfortable youd be splitting it and waiting a few weeks to get rid of everything...

Recurve360 wrote: »
    You would probably make more by splitting it up to be honest. Alienwares never hold their value because there generally overpriced for what they are in the beginning.
    You could probably get 350-400 for the gfx cards.
    200 for mobo, cpu and ram
    70 ish for the ssd and about 50-60 for each of the 3TB drives.
    Then the case could go for upto 50 quid maybe.

It all depends how comfortable youd be splitting it and waiting a few weeks to get rid of everything...

I got the system in exchange for a body of work I did for a company so it didn't really cost me anything, at the time I think it was valued at nearly 7 grand (it includes a 27" monitor and logitech G19), I'd nearly be happier giving it to a nephew than selling it for that amount.

Thanks though, I really appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Laptop:
    Compaq 615
    AMD Athlon X2 (2.1GHz I think)
    Ati graphics card
    15,6 inch 1366x768 screen
    4GB ram
    128GB A-data premier SSD
    HDD-Caddy (replaces dvd with extra harddisk up to 1TB)
    Working accu

Laptop works without any problems

The truth is that it's an old PC and the cards are much faster than the processor/machine core is. They could be taken over to a new build. It would never have cost remotely close to 7K though to be honest!

You could build a much faster up to date modern machine for about 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Hi. Can anyone help me out with pricing this:
    • StudioXPS 8100 - 4 years old
    • Intel Core i7 Processor 860 (2.80GHz, 8MB)
    • 3 TB hdd - Added 6 months ago
    • 6144MB (2x2GB) (2x1GB)1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    • 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
    • ASUS 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti PCIe Graphics Car - Added 6 months ago
    • Network 1525 (802.11 n) PCIe Card
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

dmigsy wrote: »
    Hi. Can anyone help me out with pricing this:
    • StudioXPS 8100 - 4 years old
    • Intel Core i7 Processor 860 (2.80GHz, 8MB) €30
    • 3 TB hdd - Added 6 months ago €100
    • 6144MB (2x2GB) (2x1GB)1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel €30-40
    • 16X DVD+/-RW Drive €15
    • ASUS 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti PCIe Graphics Car - Added 6 months ago €125
    • Network 1525 (802.11 n) PCIe Card
    Thanks

Little over €300 imo, processor is probably worth a little more than that but it's fairly old

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Hey guys, looking to get a price on my current music rig as im looking to move over to a laptop for college.

Specs are as follows.

Fractal Design Core 1000 Series Micro ATX Case - Black Pearl

Intel Core i5 4570 Quad Core CPU

Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler

Case fans have been swapped for Fractal Design Silent Series fans.

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H Motherboard

8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhz Ram

1TB Hitachi Hard disk

3.5" All in one card reader.

PCI express Firewire Card

Behringer UCA 222 Audio interface

19" Targa Visionary Flat Panel

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 and Mouse 1000

Software:

OSX Yosemite
    Windows 10 Preview
    Ableton Live Lite

Ive also got a larger firewire interface and some studio monitors to sell but im guessing they would be best sold seperately.

Id like to avoid breaking it if nessesary but will consider.

Thanks in Advance
    Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

How much do you guys recon I'd get for this in a quick sale?

AMD FX-8350 4GHz CPU
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz RAM
    1GB Radeon HD 6950 GPU
    1TB Hard Drive
    650W XFX PSU
    Thermaltake Frio Cooler and a CM 690 II Advanced case
    Windows 8.1

• Advertisement

How much do you guys recon I'd get for this in a quick sale?

AMD FX-8350 4GHz CPU €125
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz RAM €30
    1GB Radeon HD 6950 GPU €100
    1TB Hard Drive €25
    650W XFX PSU €50.
    Thermaltake Frio Cooler and a CM 690 II Advanced case
    Windows 8.1

About €350 without the case or cooler by my guesses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

was afraid of that, may just put it on adverts for €500 or €450 and see what they haggle me down to, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Hi Guys,

What do you reckon I could/should sell this Lenovo Y580 laptop for?

Intel Core i5 3210M
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (15" with 1920 x 1080 resolution)
    750HDD
    120GB SSD
    8GB of ram

about 3 years old, perfect condition bought for about 1000 but the ssd is only a few months old, I added it in.

I was thinking 500 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Core 2 Duo E6550
    6GB RAM
    Geforce 630
    DVD Drive
    Wireless Card
    500GB SATA HD
    320GB SATA HD

How much you reckon I'd get for this? The machine is 7 years old and never crashed once, although the video card slot is a little loose (but works fine, just if the machine gets moved sometimes you need to reseat it, I made a mod to the case to help it stay in place.), and the network socket was dead on arrival when the motherboard was new 7 years ago, but other than that it was perfect.

J_Dublin15 wrote: »
    Core 2 Duo E6550 €10
    6GB RAM €20-30
    Geforce 630 €40
    DVD Drive if sata then €10
    Wireless Card depends on spec, maybe €10-20
    500GB SATA HD €10-20
    320GB SATA HD €10-20

Less than €150 at best by my call. Hanging it up for network storage might be worth more to you.

Yeah, I thought so, it's a really good machine, very reliable, although I guess the rsesale value has long since gone, I actually still use it as a general purpos edesktop machine, for some old games etc and it works really well. though considering using my Spectre X360 as a desktop replacement rather than replacing this machine, but I never liked using laptops as desktop replacements...

DVD is SATA.
    Wireless can take b/g/n.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I thought so, it's a really good machine, very reliable, although I guess the rsesale value has long since gone, I actually still use it as a general purpos edesktop machine, for some old games etc and it works really well. though considering using my Spectre X360 as a desktop replacement rather than replacing this machine, but I never liked using laptops as desktop replacements...

DVD is SATA.
    Wireless can take b/g/n.

You could stick something like Bodhi Linux on it, and use it as a GP machine, it'd run perfectly for another few years at least. You'd still be able to play some games, depending on your library with Steam.

It would be perfectly fine for Windows 7 either. Using an E6550 based-PC with 4GB of ram at my parents house at the moment writing this. Perfect as a desktop machine and expect it to remain that way for another while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

DVD is SATA.
    Wireless can take b/g/n.

I'd be inclined to use it as a PLEX server for Movies & TV shows. Match it up with either Firestick or Chromecast and you can play movies straight to your TV which is useful.

An OS refresh with Windows 10 which is out in a couple of days might do the trick for you with some housekeeping if the PC is a little slow and full of seven years of bloat.

Linux could be a option if that's your thing or installing VMware. If your after a barebones no frills media box PC you could do worse than one of these.

http://www.ebuyer.com/702840-hp-260-g1-desktop-mini-pc-k8l27ea-abu?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CNih17an8cYCFSQIwwodGa4OHA#fo_c=951&fo_k=dc5e9381e70ef8801ca262b456e4a0d3&fo_s=gplauk&mkwid=s0WJUJfFS_dc&pcrid=51482417219&pkw=&pmt=

It would be perfectly fine for Windows 7 either. Using an E6550 based-PC with 4GB of ram at my parents house at the moment writing this. Perfect as a desktop machine and expect it to remain that way for another while yet.

They're obviously faster than I had given credit for! Is my pricing off then?

I actually reinstalled WIndows 7 on it for the first time since it was installed in late 2009 a couple of months ago, it's till a pretty speedy machine!

I may well use it as a machine to test Windows 10 out as well to be honest, before deciding whether to upgrade my laptop so that's a good call.

I actually built the machine in July 2007, at the time the tech in there was leading edge, the E6550 was only out afew days, same with the motherboard and the drives, it was leading edge at the time technology wise.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

the network socket was dead on arrival when the motherboard was new 7 years ago, but other than that it was perfect.

I use a self build here that I built in June 2007 with a E6750 CPU and 4 Gig of RAM. I have a raid 0 setup too which really makes a difference to speed (nothing mission critical in the event of a disaster) I also keep an Acronis image of it so I can have a clean install in 20 - 30 Mins when I need to give it a little boost.

My point is, that even though some machines are old by technology standards
    and have very little resale value, they can be great work horses and are more than adequate for every day use and even more.

Anyway, I'm a tad curious as to why you accepted a new board for a new build back then with a DOA Network socket?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The machine was pretty expensive to build, all of the components were pretty much premium, the hard drivers were Samsung Spinpoints and honestly even if you do diangostics onthem now they report back very good condition, The RAM was pretty expensive, the motherboard cost me close to €200, but was one of the best investments I ever made,

Honestly from a stability point of view it's the best machine I ever built, I installed Vista on it in 2007 and never ha da single crash, I had some teeth problems with Windows 7 in 2009 for the first few weeks after launch where the machine would randomly blue screen and turn itself off, but following an OS update, that problem went away and it hasn't frozen or crashed or blue screened or rebooted since.

I never used the LAN to be honest. I hooked a wireless card up to it and the fact when I installed Windows on it, the fact that the LAN wasn't detected didn't bother me, I assumed it was driver. Then a few months later I saw that it wasn't being detected even in BIOS I realised it was dead, but, I figured the board was unlikely to die, and so I proved right as it's going 8 years later no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Dell Inspiron 1525
    Intel core 2 duo T8100 2.1GHz, 4gb, 240GB HDD.
    Keyboard, laptop case etc in good order.

Laptop screen is not working but works ok with external monitor.

Anybody want make me an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Late 2010 13" 2.4 Ghz i3 dual core Macbook Pro, with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB, 8GB Ram and 500GB Western Digital Caviar HD. Pretty much immaculate condition. Latest iOS of course and MS Office 2011 for Mac.

Out of curiosity, how much I'd get towards a potential upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I'd say you will have to come down a good bit from your listed price anyways. But you can always leave it up at that for a few days to see if you get any interest.

You could build the equivalent or better for less, as prices for newer components are cheaper now for the same performance. Nice case though, its the Corsair 600T if you want to add the name of it to your ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I'd say you will have to come down a good bit from your listed price anyways. But you can always leave it up at that for a few days to see if you get any interest.

You could build the equivalent or better for less, as prices for newer components are cheaper now for the same performance. Nice case though, its the Corsair 600T if you want to add the name of it to your ad.
    what sort of price do you think i should have on it to be fair? i have an offer of 700 cash, a 3 year old toshiba laptop and the newest version of apple tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

what sort of price do you think i should have on it to be fair? i have an offer of 700 cash, a 3 year old toshiba laptop and the newest version of apple tv.

Have a look on adverts for the price that desktops sold, search for your cpu and tick the sold box. One similar to yours sold for 850, though had newer GPU and slightly higher ram.

You will know if its priced too high if you get no comments at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

hey guys, debating selling my PC cause i have little time to play it and wont for the foreseeable future :(

It was built in Summer 2013 with help from the lads here and this is the spec;

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€205.99
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD|€29.29
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€83.99
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-10667U CL9|€51.59
    PowerColor PCS+ HD7870 Myst. Edition 2GB GDDR5(UEFI READY)|€200.54
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€57.74
    Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil|€64.00
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 450W|€49.59
    Samsung SH-118AB schwarz|€12.62
    LG 22EA53VQ-P|€134.16
    Sharkoon Drakonia Gaming Laser Mouse|€24.49