Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay adoption, Put the childs feelings first

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Mellamella wrote: »
    Yea they should target the cause of the bullying but surely at least 1 of you can see they have a point in saying its not ideal for a kid to grow up with gay parents

It is no more or less ideal or not ideal..... in the context of bullying....... than growing up with dwarf parents, single parents, red head parents, crippled parents, mentally ill parents, amputee parents..... or in fact ANY parents whatsoever that deviate from some commonly held notion of "the norm". And yet of ALL THE MANY groups of "not ideal" groups we could list at length.... the OP wants to single out one for removal of gay adoption. This is AT BEST suspect.
    i dont think ye should cut down tdablues opinion because its not the same as your opinion

Not a single person I am seeing on the thread is cutting down the opinion because it is different. They are cutting it down because it is flawed at its core.
    no need for the passive agressivness.

Indeed. Lucky therefore there was none isnt it? Not even sure why you bring it up.
    And I was reffering to the moderators adressing them.

Then take it up with the moderators. You were replying to MY post.
    And you cant see how they were on about bullying being an issue????

Did I say that? No. Again you would understand this if you read the post you indicated you did not read. You are asking me things I have already addressed. What am I to do? repeat myself and have you not read that as well? that is not how discussion works, and you know it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Mellamella

Iv only given my own opinion and not said anything about anyone elses as that was my first post in the thread, a child with loving parents can overcome bullying a child with none cant

Im sure anybody can overcome bullying, im sure there are plenty parentless children who have overcome lots of things in life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Im sure anybody can overcome bullying, im sure there are plenty parentless children who have overcome lots of things in life

so why should we deny a child loving parents just because they are homosexual then?

Did I say that? No. Again you would understand this if you read the post you indicated you did not read. You are asking me things I have already addressed. What am I to do? repeat myself and have you not read that as well? that is not how discussion works, and you know it.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mellamella View Post
    my opinion is i can see where shes coming from with the bullying

and your reply was....
    I however can not,

so why should we deny a child loving parents just because they are homosexual then?

I am not denying anybody anything lol

hate to admit but im agreeing with tiablue on this one about the people jumping down throats and the agressivness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

I am not going to read all of that but one part jumped out at me, tiablue did say they wanted to hear your opinions and you are hinting that tiablue didnt want to hear them. and i see why they said you are targetting their opinion, so just wondering why teablue is the only one adressed. doesnt seem fair considering you are all defending equality and all that
    also my opinion is i can see where shes coming from with the bullying but other than that i dont see a problem with adoption.

The OP didn't want to hear anybody's opinion unless it confirmed or validated their own.

Various people put forward counter arguments which the OP just ignored.

Disagreeing with somebody or critiquing their stated opinion isn't targeting them or stopping them from voicing it.

It's simply engaging in reasoned debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

hate to admit but im agreeing with tiablue on this one about the people jumping down throats and the agressivness

MOD warning

Attack the post not the poster.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

but if there are not enough straight parents to adopt are we not denying kids needing parents there chance to have them by only allowing straight people to adopt.

Also i would like to point out at no point have i say you or anyone i have used we as in we as a society nor have have i said anything about anyone else opinion everyone is entitled to their own opinions and without such freedom we could not have such discusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I don't see how it's really different than any straight couple who don't have kids of their own, through choice or inability.

It's a win for the kid and a win for the parents

This video comes to mind, on a related note.

You're absolutely welcome to debate why it isn't a suitable decision for a child. Saying 'well because I think that's how it is' or 'well they get bullied' just isn't valid enough to hold out though. Nobody's opinion is sacred or above questioning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Sorry for the delay in the rely. Your inability to use the quote function means I missed your reply for a moment.
    and your reply was....
    I however can not,

Actually that was a tiny part of my reply. You edited out the rest. For example the bit where I asked you to help us see the ops point. Since I can not see it, and you can, you can move to assist us by explaining what you think it is you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Note to posters: tiablue and Mellamella have been sitebanned as the same user, so it will no longer be possible to engage with either account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

From reading Mellamella's posts, I thought it was pretty obvious from the start they were the same user. At least they have been removed.

Advertisement