Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay adoption, Put the childs feelings first

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Daith

tiablue wrote: »
    You attacked me for my opinion. tell me where you think i attacked you??? is it because i mentioned how you were agressive toward me in a comment, do you not think that was bullying in what you said to me??? Yes your entitled to your opinion, like i said i asked for opinions. i didnt ask for you to act childish and make a personal attack on me over a forum.

I simply pointed out that you are against gay adoption because the child may be bullied. Therefore you are allowing bullies to dictate who should and shouldn't adopt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

i already stated that i wasnt interested in talking about other points, i asked literally what was yer opinions on it, not personal attacks on my opinion, like the word twisting and aggression im getting from Daith

Your equating bullying with gay parents. Not all kids with gay parents will be bullied just as a bully won't just target a child with a gay parent, once they find a victim they will target everything and anything. Bullying is a complex issue and reducing it to a gay adoption is bad argument is plain silly. Stop the bullying, don't stop people adopting.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tiablue

Christy42 wrote: »
    That's doublethink. You don't are overly concerned with children being bullied because of gay parents but somehow couldn't care about any other reasoning? .

Yes you know me so well to be able to say i dont care about kids being bullied for any other reason.......... I am simply saying I am not talking about that right now, and if you read the posts you'd see i said bullying is wrong. or was that not specific enough for your liking, should i have went in to detail about all the other types of bullying and reasons for it when the thread was about gay adoption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

im not interested in other topics or what ifs or other scenarios.
    Your whole argument is 'but what if they get bullied in school' though, that's why it's causing a bit of contention.
    why arent any of ye understanding that i am entitled to my own opinion???
    Everyone here is also. That's the idea of a discussion. If you can't handle the heat, don't tickle the dragon!

• Moderators Posts: 51,847 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

why arent any of ye understanding that i am entitled to my own opinion???

why let somebody elses child put up with being bullied and teased over it?
    Adoptive children can be bullied because they are adopted. Should we just not allow any children to be adopted?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

i already stated that i wasnt interested in talking about other points, i asked literally what was yer opinions on it, not personal attacks on my opinion, like the word twisting and aggression im getting from Daith

So your the only one with an opinion thats right?

You cant start thread and moan about other posters opinion!

Yes you know me so well to be able to say i dont care about kids being bullied for any other reason.......... I am simply saying I am not talking about that right now, and if you read the posts you'd see i said bullying is wrong. or was that not specific enough for your liking, should i have went in to detail about all the other types of bullying and reasons for it when the thread was about gay adoption

If your straight friends adopted child was bullied for any reason would you have bothered to question their right to adopt?

eviltwin wrote: »
    Your equating bullying with gay parents. Not all kids with gay parents will be bullied just as a bully won't just target a child with a gay parent, once they find a victim they will target everything and anything. Bullying is a complex issue and reducing it to a gay adoption is bad argument is plain silly. Stop the bullying, don't stop people adopting.

Kids are always going to bully other kids and that will always be an issue because some parents dont seem to teach their kids how wrong it is and how it affects others. And to say not all kids with gay parents will be bullied, thats just not realistic, it might not be everyday bullying from the school bully but it will have comments made at some stage, thats still bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

You should explain why you are specifically targeting gay adoption as potentially leading to bullying. You can't just say "I'm not talking about that now" when people give other examples of potential reasons for bullying. That's not how discussions work.

Kids are always going to bully other kids and that will always be an issue because some parents dont seem to teach their kids how wrong it is and how it affects others. And to say not all kids with gay parents will be bullied, thats just not realistic, it might not be everyday bullying from the school bully but it will have comments made at some stage, thats still bullying

that's life unfortunately!

• Advertisement

Exactly - so why discourage gay parents from adopting because of the chance this will happen to any child? It's kind of like saying 'well, overweight couples shouldn't have kids because they'll get teased for the parents being fat and may be fat themselves too'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

By starting a thread on a discussion forum you are inviting opinions. This isn't a soapbox, so don't be getting all defensive when you're called out on yours.

Apart from the obvious, you also seem to have a grudge against bisexual people having their own natural children. As a bi woman in a heteronormative relationship, I'm pretty offended by the implication that that's a bad thing.

theres literally only a couple of people on here making valid points and having something remotely smart to say and not jumping down my throat for having an opinion, so im ignoring the silly replys and only talking to the ones who have an actual opinion or something useful to say as there is no point reading comments that are just looking to vent a bit of anger over somebodys opinion

theres literally only a couple of people on here making valid points and having something remotely smart to say and not jumping down my throat for having an opinion, so im ignoring the silly replys and only talking to the ones who have an actual opinion or something useful to say as there is no point reading comments that are just looking to vent a bit of anger over somebodys opinion
    What's the point of a discussion forum at all if you only want to hear what you want and block the rest? Absurd... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gay adoption.....
    How about if both heterosexual parents are gingers? Gingers have no souls! :pac:

No, but seriously, kids will find something to slag you over. Your hair, your height, your weight, the area you live, the county you came from, the colour of your eyes, the way you talk, the way you walk, the way you think, the way you blink, the way you breathe, the shape of your face, your ears, your hands... and the list goes on.

And that's before the bullies start on the family.

You posted this in the LGBT forum, what did you expect??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

gNgnB.jpg

By starting a thread on a discussion forum you are inviting opinions. This isn't a soapbox, so don't be getting all defensive when you're called out on yours.

Apart from the obvious, you also seem to have a grudge against bisexual people having their own natural children. As a bi woman in a heteronormative relationship, I'm pretty offended by the implication that that's a bad thing.

how do you think ive a grudge against bi people having kids??? read the full thread

and if you did you'd also see i was open to opinions but not stupid ones that are going on at me personally like they know me and think they know everything i stand for!!!

and i dont see where your opinion is on the subject so i dont see why you bothered to write to be honest. Im not here for a slangin match. Just asked yer opinions if ye agreed with it or not but not many of ye are grasping that concept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There is zero point in having a conversation with someone that thinks you are attacking them or their right to have an opinion because you disagree with their opinion.

The first two lines of the OP are a dead give away too.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    What's the point of a discussion forum at all if you only want to hear what you want and block the rest? Absurd... :confused:

i didnt say i was blocking anybody, im just not replying to stupid comments, lol....no i wanted to hear opinions on if people agreed with it, not other random things people are throwing in to the topic that havent anything to do with what i was talkin about in the first place

• Advertisement

:D Why use Boards if you cant take varied opinion in regards to your own?

anyway people i have a life to live, im off ... Have fun sharing your amazing opinions on here :) toodles :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,847 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

and you think that barring same-sex couples from adopting is the way to tackle that?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kids need to have stable home life and to be loved and cared for. if a gay couple can do this, then I don't see any issue.

plenty of hetro couples who have kids can't /don't offer this to the kids and quite frankly make bad parents.

anyway people i have a life to live, im off ... Have fun sharing your amazing opinions on here :) toodles :)
    What a tool!!

You had the choice of having a constructive discussion of the topic or stamping your feet when someone decided that gay parents aren't terrible for children. Sad to see a topic end so abruptly from an attitude problem. I wouldn't have minded to actually explore the issue...

You had the choice of having a constructive discussion of the topic or stamping your feet when someone decided that gay parents aren't terrible for children. Sad to see a topic end so abruptly from an attitude problem. I wouldn't have minded to actually explore the issue...

I could not have put any better than this!

whos stamping their feet, i actually have work to go to lol.... yes i would also liked to have listened to a few good valid points and see what people had to say but nobody had anything great to say about it they were more interested in having a go at me instead lol... bye bye :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

how do you think ive a grudge against bi people having kids???

I'd tell you to reread your original post, but it appears you would rather throw your toys out of the pram. Toodles :)

• Advertisement

whos stamping their feet, i actually have work to go to lol.... yes i would also liked to have listened to a few good valid points and see what people had to say but nobody had anything great to say about it they were more interested in having a go at me instead lol... bye bye :)
    Having a go at someone is not the same as contesting their opinion. Nobody called you an idiot or anything that constitutes a personal attack. However, you have decided to discredit everyone else on this thread. Have a good evening!

Advertisement