Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on laptop (urgent)

• 22-09-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i have saved up enough money to buy a better laptop and i noticed that sony vaio have a sale on this weekend. So i need your advice please.
    I was looking at a sony vaio e15 laptop for 730 euros inc vat and shipping . Here are the specs

Processor : Intel core 15 2450m 2.5 processor with turbo boost up to 3.1 ghz.

Operating system : windows 7 home premium 64 bit with upgrade to windows 8 for 14 euros.

Ram/standard memory : 6gb ddr3 1333hz

Hard drive 750gb serial ata 5400 rpm

Graphics : dedicated amd radeom hd 7650 2gb

And the rest im not too worried about.

So here are my questions :

1) i want to use this for college and gaming. Would a 2gb graphics card be enough to run games like minecraft? and would you get an ok fps?

2) i dont know if the i5 processor is any good.

thanks in advance for your help. i just want to know if its worth the money or should i avoid it. thank you

Comments

Advertisement