Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Think they've been told not to be making any promises about anything before the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭spoonay

PaulMCKM wrote: »
    Can't post the link but the irish times have an article today with the Minister talking about not sure when they are gonna recruit anymore after this 100 as they bring the number back up to 13,000.

just read the article...the paper said that the minister was not sure WILL there be more recruitment...but all the minister actually said was that she was "continuing to examine WHEN the next group of recruits will arrive in Templemore"

nothing new there,just a slow news day

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭spoonay

just did the interview today...left feeling very positive but then after a while the doubts started surfacing,going to be a long wait :/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

spoonay wrote: »
    just read the article...the paper said that the minister was not sure WILL there be more recruitment...but all the minister actually said was that she was "continuing to examine WHEN the next group of recruits will arrive in Templemore"

nothing new there,just a slow news day

Yeah they surely can't stop at the 100! Think the irish times just being a bit dramatic. Hopefully in the budget some money will be put towards a lot of new recruits

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

Bridel wrote: »
    Yeah they surely can't stop at the 100! Think the irish times just being a bit dramatic. Hopefully in the budget some money will be put towards a lot of new recruits

If recruits are replacing those that retire then personally I don't see why money should be a problem.

I've worked it out using rough figures but 100 retiring at 45k a year is 4.5m. 100 recruits are paid in the first year 14,217 (34 weeks at 184 and 18 weeks of a 23k salary) which is 1.42m. That leaves 3m to run the college and training. If next year 400 retire and they recruit 400 that would be 12m.

• Advertisement

If recruits are replacing those that retire then personally I don't see why money should be a problem.

I've worked it out using rough figures but 100 retiring at 45k a year is 4.5m. 100 recruits are paid in the first year 14,217 (34 weeks at 184 and 18 weeks of a 23k salary) which is 1.42m. That leaves 3m to run the college and training. If next year 400 retire and they recruit 400 that would be 12m.

Good point! Well hopefully they still throw money at it in the budget to give them no excuse not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Anyone that retires gets a pension

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Did my interview this week! Nearly harder to make out how I got on than stage 3.. Going to be a long wait! Anybody know when the results should be sent out? I heard first week of October/early October, as interviews are going on until the end of the month! Also read the Irish Times article today, I personally think its the journo's making a meal of it... But the setbacks etc. For the first 100 would make you sweat a bit alright reading it! Also saw a mention of not another intake until the first have finished their 32 weeks... To see what adjustments if any can be made to the new course... A lot of hear say!!

thekopend wrote: »
    Anyone that retires gets a pension

They had paid contributions over the years towards it which are sitting in the pension fund. I'm not sure what the government do with the proportion they have to pay but you would like to imagine they pay into it along the way and not wait and have to budget for it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I had my interview this morning . It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be , I am so relieved it's over . Now to sit back , relax and wait . Good luck to everyone, who has their interview coming up ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

We'll know in time lads and ladies, but common sense would say that it would be NUTS to go back and not recruit any further classes.

There's currently 140 odd ready to go in the next intake/2 intakes that have everything completed just about.

Then there's those of you in Stage 4 doing interviews etc, that's all still ongoing.

The money that has been spent, the effort and work that's gone into it, the effort and money in recruiting instructors and reopening the college would be an awful cock up if it was all done just to recruit 100 people, there'd be uproar..

My two cents/guess, I'd say they'll take at least one, most likely 2 more batches early/mid next year - if they take on 250/300 new Gardai that's a noticeable number, alot more noticeable than 100, the arguments for more recruitment would have to far outweigh arguments against, funds can't be that bad can they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Had my interview there this morning, was a bit rough but the people were nice. Prob should've really studied my competencies and given a few examples to tackle them.

Here's hoping they see something in me anyway.

Xios wrote: »
    Had my interview there this morning, was a bit rough but the people were nice. Prob should've really studied my competencies and given a few examples to tackle them.

Here's hoping they see something in me anyway.

Were the questions only based on competencies or were there other types of questions?

Anyone know when the last interviews will be held ?

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the last interviews will be held ?

No idea but have mine this Wednesday.

No idea but have mine this Wednesday.

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I have my interview Thursday, I'd say the interviews will be finishing up this week. How has everybody found the interviews anyway?

StevieF3 wrote: »
    I have my interview Thursday, I'd say the interviews will be finishing up this week. How has everybody found the interviews anyway?

When I first came out I was confident that I may have just scraped it , but as time goes on I am remembering things, that let's say , could have been answered better. It's so hard to tell . If I do pass I think I'll be ranked low :/ good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

When I first came out I was confident that I may have just scraped it , but as time goes on I am remembering things, that let's say , could have been answered better. It's so hard to tell . If I do pass I think I'll be ranked low :/ good luck

I think it's only natural that as time goes by you will start second guessing how you could have done better. Fingers crossed anyway mate

• Advertisement

djor88 wrote: »

That is good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Hope all interviews are going well.

Does anyone know when they finish up?

And has anyone been into HR re: release dates and medicals etc?

ansmcwilla wrote: »
    Hope all interviews are going well.

Does anyone know when they finish up?

And has anyone been into HR re: release dates and medicals etc?

Not sure when they finish . I know someone has one today . When I asked at my interview , they said 1st week in October , but if I didn't hear anything then , call garda hq. They said they weren't sure .

Apparently they are finishing Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Results will be 2/3 weeks after that so if the last batch is anything to go by.

mickaleen wrote: »
    Results will be 2/3 weeks after that so if the last batch is anything to go by.

Wasnt the last "English" interview the 21st May and the results came out the 30th May ? That's what I remember but I was only a spectator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Oops my bad!!! You are of course correct Kizzy. It was 3 weeks from when I did my interview.

Had a chat with the girl who took form b from me after the interview. She was very friendly and informative.
    She told me that they are only interviewing 240 as the rest failed or didn't show at stage 3. This is compared to 370 from the first batch.
    The no shows are still continuing with an average of 3 a day not showing up for interviews.

Had a chat with the girl who took form b from me after the interview. She was very friendly and informative.
    She told me that they are only interviewing 240 as the rest failed or didn't show at stage 3. This is compared to 370 from the first batch.
    The no shows are still continuing with an average of 3 a day not showing up for interviews.

Hopefully this bodes well for us so, fingers crossed anyway!

• Advertisement

mickaleen wrote: »
    Oops my bad!!! You are of course correct Kizzy. It was 3 weeks from when I did my interview.

No problem , I wasn't trying to catch you out , I just wanted to double check ;)

That's a big difference compared to the last batch . Thanks for the information . We may get our results earlier than last time with less people to sort through in ranking etc :)

That's a big difference compared to the last batch . Thanks for the information . We may get our results earlier than last time with less people to sort through in ranking etc :)

I was told the same as you about results being the first week of October.

I was told the same as you about results being the first week of October.

I personally think it will be earlier than that , I am guessing late nx week . All pure speculation mind you , or wishful thinking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

People must have got their first choice CAO offer then if they didn't bother goin for interview !

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Hi guys, just a quick query. Regarding Form B. I've got it filled out, and I went to a Garda station to get it signed and was told I had to go elsewhere to get it witnessed, like the appointments service. Is this true? If so I'll have some serious running around to do tomorrow. Or is it witnessed at the interview? I have no idea. I was given a number, but when I call it it comes up as not existing, and I got no repsonse to my email either.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just a quick query. Regarding Form B. I've got it filled out, and I went to a Garda station to get it signed and was told I had to go elsewhere to get it witnessed, like the appointments service. Is this true? If so I'll have some serious running around to do tomorrow. Or is it witnessed at the interview? I have no idea. I was given a number, but when I call it it comes up as not existing, and I got no repsonse to my email either.

You hand it over to someone from garda hq at the interview. They will check it over while you are being interviewed and have you sign it after the interview once everything is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Sound for that, thank you Paul.

Hey guys just a quick question be great if someone could help me out with it. The competency of 'commitment to the role', what exactly does that intail? It's just I thought it was something but then today someone said soemthing different 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ganks

Bridel wrote: »
    Hey guys just a quick question be great if someone could help me out with it. The competency of 'commitment to the role', what exactly does that intail? It's just I thought it was something but then today someone said soemthing different 😕

Today I was hungry, so I decided to make myself some food. I went out, bought ingredients and whipped up some spaghetti Bolognese. Then, I gobbled it up! I was committed to filling my belly, and I achieved my goal! Hope this helps...

Ganks wrote: »
    Today I was hungry, so I decided to make myself some food. I went out, bought ingredients and whipped up some spaghetti Bolognese. Then, I gobbled it up! I was committed to filling my belly, and I achieved my goal! Hope this helps...
    I think so cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I went to Spar. I purchased a pack of 8 Denny sausages, one cuisine de france White baguette, a 575ml bottle of chef tomato sauce and a half dozen of free range eggs.
    Upon arrival at home I grilled the Denny sausages, while I fried two eggs. I cut in half my baguette before I buttered it. I then applied the tomato sauce.
    Once I had all that done the sausages and eggs were done and I could complete the operation. Needless to say I consumed said items.

Now that is 'Commitment to the Roll'

Something along those lines and you won't go far wrong.

Just my two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

interview over and done with thank god, was pretty happy with my performance and dont think i need to worry, heard the interview results will be out early October. Now i just need to get this bloody BMI down for the medical lol

fergie199 wrote: »
    interview over and done with thank god, was pretty happy with my performance and dont think i need to worry, heard the interview results will be out early October. Now i just need to get this bloody BMI down for the medical lol

I wish I had your confidence :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

This is it guys ...

3fullback wrote: »
    This is it guys ...

?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Last interviews today?

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Last interviews today?

Apparently they ended last Friday . The Irish stream interviews are this week , so I've heard

Did everyone get their leaving Certs back ? If so how long did they take to come back to you ? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did everyone get their leaving Certs back ? If so how long did they take to come back to you ? Thanks

Did they not just photocopy them ?

3fullback wrote: »
    Did they not just photocopy them ?

No they kept them

• Advertisement
Advertisement