Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Normal Heart

Options
  • 05-06-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this HBO TV drama yet? It was on Sky Atlantic recent for those who have Sky, and is due to be repeated at the weekend. If not, I'm sure you can find alternative means....

I just finished watching it and found it to be incredibly moving and powerful. Great performances, a great cast, a horrible, yet brilliantly told true (based on real events) story and some scenes that will make you smile and others that will just break your heart. A must watch for anyone, gay or straight, to see what it was like in the '80's when HIV/AIDs was just starting to become known and the fight that had to take place in order to get people to pay attention to the threat and help battle it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Nope.
    Did see it in the 1980s in the Project Arts...Conor Mullan was one of the guys in it...powerful stuff during a time when people were dropping like flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Found it very moving and a good insight into the world back then. I'm just about old enough to remember those ads on British tv for Aids awareness and being scared by them so can only imagine what the fear was like in the gay community. Since watching it I've started reading a very good book on the Aids epidemic Chronicles of a Plague by Andrew Holleran, excellent read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

A really bleak but enjoyable watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I watched it this morning. So well acted.Ruffalo, Bomer, Kitsch and Parsons were phenomenal. Roberts also. A gritty no holds barred depiction of a horrible and scary moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Use your vote

Saw the stage version in London with Tom Hulce in the leading role.

Very powerful and moving drama.

• Advertisement
Advertisement