Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenger 690 (5/6 berth)

Options
  • 11-03-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy my first CV and looking at a Challenger 690 in Dublin. Planned uses are several dog shows a year with myself, herself and possibly 1 or 2 kids, also trips to the UK with 3/4 kids and the wife as well as the odd weekend away

I will be adding seat belts to the rear facing seats.

Am I taking on too much? Cannot find any info online about this series, it is a Peugeot Boxer 1993 based CV

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

thecivvie wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to buy my first CV and looking at a Challenger 690 in Dublin. Planned uses are several dog shows a year with myself, herself and possibly 1 or 2 kids, also trips to the UK with 3/4 kids and the wife as well as the odd weekend away

I will be adding seat belts to the rear facing seats.

Am I taking on too much? Cannot find any info online about this series, it is a Peugeot Boxer 1993 based CV

Who is certifying the belts? What engine size and which chassis weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Who is certifying the belts? What engine size and which chassis weight.

Will get then professionally fitted. She is a 2.8 not sure of chassis weight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Watch the ceiling on that one, it looks to have been *repaired* at some stage .

CJhaughey wrote: »

I had noticed that. Will be careful with any decision and ask q's about it

Is the anything I should look for on the ceiling/roof other than fresh paint. Going to be checking for damp signs etc anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd be getting a damp check done by an independent place first off.

I'd be getting a damp check done by an independent place first off.

Will look for a habitation report for it before parting with any cash, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Have a challenger myself, delighted with it so far, fingers crossed :)

Advertisement