Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Thread for Leaked Episodes (1-4) [** Spoilers **] - Have NOT read the book

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

A few hints to Jon snows heritage being bandied around, a mention that a whore was not neds style.... Who he really is in intriguing me.

I think I'm a little in love with fire lady !

Definitely following things better watching them in a marathon, I find weekly a bit hard to keep up with all the plots

The red woman is a beaut! But Missandei takes the biscuit, she's stunning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭golfball37

A few hints to Jon snows heritage being bandied around, a mention that a whore was not neds style.... Who he really is in intriguing me.

I think I'm a little in love with fire lady !

Definitely following things better watching them in a marathon, I find weekly a bit hard to keep up with all the plots

Littlefingers face when Sansa started going on about Rhaegar kidnapping and abusing Lyanna told me a lot too. You could tell he knows the truth about that situation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Just had to watch all four back to back. Totally worth it. Shame its another 4 weeks to any new episodes.

The Jamie / Bonn story is quite interesting. I hope their conversation about death was not a foreshadowing. They are two of the best characters. Oberyn's missus looks quite pissed off, things are going to kick off there.

Brienne is gunning for Stannis. Interesting, seeing as he is on his way to Roose Bolton. She may get her chance yet.

Daenerys will have to get the dragons back onside, things look to be getting pretty lawless around her parts. How will Dario react to Mr. Friendzone coming back into the picture. As always the first half of the season sets things up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mzungu wrote: »
    Just had to watch all four back to back. Totally worth it. Shame its another 4 weeks to any new episodes.

The Jamie / Bonn story is quite interesting. I hope their conversation about death was not a foreshadowing. They are two of the best characters. Oberyn's missus looks quite pissed off, things are going to kick off there.

Brienne is gunning for Stannis. Interesting, seeing as he is on his way to Roose Bolton. She may get her chance yet.

Daenerys will have to get the dragons back onside, things look to be getting pretty lawless around her parts. How will Dario react to Mr. Friendzone coming back into the picture. As always the first half of the season sets things up nicely.

will Ser Friendzone get back in though? he kidnapped tyrion to bring him to danearys when tyrion was already on his way there. though if ser barriston has kicked the bucket she may need ser friendzone back by her side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

She needs Jorah back anyway. Getting rid of him was a mistake, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

will Ser Friendzone get back in though? he kidnapped tyrion to bring him to danearys when tyrion was already on his way there. though if ser barriston has kicked the bucket she may need ser friendzone back by her side.

Well if that was him meeting his waterloo, then that was a fine send off. He kicked some serious ass given the odds were well stacked against him. He also looked more nimble than the unsullied, who are about a third his age!
    PressRun wrote: »
    She needs Jorah back anyway. Getting rid of him was a mistake, I think.

Yep, she needs him back for the loyalty more than anything else. Still unsure about Dario myself.

Well if that was him meeting his waterloo, then that was a fine send off. He kicked some serious ass given the odds were well stacked against him. He also looked more nimble than the unsullied, who are about a third his age!

what i dont understand about the unsullied is fighting with a long sword in very narrow alleyways. it just doesnt make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭thefa

I think Daario is reasonably trustworthy. He killed his bosses and brought their heads to Dany rather than killing assassinating her and gives reasonable advice.

I have my doubts about that local who acts as the representative for the former slavers, etc. who wants the fighting pits reopened.

Barristan took a knife to the chest so I think he is probably done for. Would have to imagine it would improve the chances of Dany having Jorah back. Will be interesting to see will Tyrion be able to convince them that he was on his way there anyways or how he'll come across at all given Vary's was the one with the plan.

I don't know what to make of Daario. He kinda seems like someone who could be easily bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

thefa wrote: »
    Barristan took a knife to the chest so I think he is probably done for.

I dunno, last year folks were calling Ser Allistair done for after he was wounded and carried off, and I was absolutely adamant that The Mountain was done for because of course Oberyn poisoned him and he would probably die from his wounds anyway, turns out I was wrong(ish?). So I'm hesitant to call anyone dead in this show, and I think unless they confirm Barristan's death next ep, I'm gonna assume he's alive and kicking but wounded.

Speaking of, I'm not even sure about Ned Stark, I mean, did anyone check for a pulse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Neds head was on a stick, but he may come back hoppity hop.

I found the 4 episodes really tedious. Nothing has happened and I dont care about the revolt or slave politics of mereen..

I think they leaked these because they knew they were boring filler episodes.

oh, and its so patently obvious Jon is a tygaren its just silly..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

oh, and its so patently obvious Jon is a tygaren its just silly..
    for a long while, we all thought that Jon Arryn was killed by the lannisters

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

i was looking at the GOT map ; http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

in ep2,3 the travel between Pentos and Volantis is of considerable distance, no wonder tyrion looks all but spent in that 'traveling box' as he calls it.

but in ep4, the travel from Volantis to Mereen is longer than the travel distance from Pentos to Volantis. im not really sure the small boat travelling east (carrying jorah & tyrion) would be adequate traversing alongside the shore passing the the doomed city of valeria then up to mereen. a hijacked ship would have been more real for that travel i suppose.

If Jon is a Targaryean, does that make him invulnerable to fire? And if so, does that make him invulnerable to anything the red woman might try to do to him with fire? I've a feeling those two are going to come to blows anyway, but I wonder in the process will they also discover who he really is? Would surely be a nasty shock for Stannis. I wonder too if anyone else knows who he is aside from Littlefinger (or at least it seems like he knows, although it's hard to tell one creepy facial expression from the next with him).

I'm also bored by the seemingly endless trials and tribulations of Danerys' conquered people. I was hoping her story would pick up in a really meaningful way this season, but maybe it will when Tyrion arrives. I would imagine he's going to end up helping her to make some better, more shrewd decisions. He's the kind of politician she needs in her team.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

If Jon is a Targaryean

I'm also bored by the seemingly endless trials and tribulations of Danerys' conquered people. I was hoping her story would pick up in a really meaningful way this season, but maybe it will when Tyrion arrives. I would imagine he's going to end up helping her to make some better, more shrewd decisions. He's the kind of politician she needs in her team.

Did I miss something? why do people think he is Targaryean?

Danery's story is dragging on and has been for some time, but they seem to include a good portion of each episode to her story line. Maybe you are right and Tyrion is the man for her. I think Varys will be put out that he got there without him but between the 4 of them they could really stride forward but probably wont

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If Jon is a Targaryean, does that make him invulnerable to fire?
    Was Vicerys immune to molten gold?

I won't comment on anything else in your post but GRRM has stated time and again that Danaerys survival of the birth of her dragons was a one-off. It was old blood magic derived from the burning of Mirri Maz Duur which allowed her to become the mother of dragons, not anything special about Targaryen Blood.

It's a common misconception and one GRRM is at such pains to correct, I hope you don't mind me posting it in the non-readers thread.

obriendj wrote: »
    Did I miss something? why do people think he is Targaryean?

He is supposed to be Neds son by some tavern wench. Except littlefinger said that that wasnt Neds style. There is a definite link between the mad king and neds sister. put two and two together and you get that john snow is actually neds sisters son by the mad king.

Sir Friendzone as the muscle, Tyrion as the brains and Varys as her spy. That is the dream team right there.
    Sleepy wrote: »

I won't comment on anything else in your post but GRRM has stated time and again that Danaerys survival of the birth of her dragons was a one-off. It was old blood magic derived from the burning of Mirri Maz Duur which allowed her to become the mother of dragons, not anything special about Targaryen Blood.

It's a common misconception and one GRRM is at such pains to correct, I hope you don't mind me posting it in the non-readers thread.

Thanks for clearing this up, since the birth of the dragons in season one I incorrectly assumed her to be immune to fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks for clearing this up, since the birth of the dragons in season one I incorrectly assumed her to be immune to fire.
    You're far from the only one to do so!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

In season 1 she also picked the dragon egg up out of the fire and wasn't burnt, Irri wasn't so fortunate though...

• Advertisement

I don't watch or read anything GRRM says, to be honest. I just watch the show and from that I just deduced that there was something about Targaryeans and an invulnerability to fire. But thanks for the heads up anyway!

In season one she went into the boling water bath and didn't feel a thing. She picked the egg off a hot coal and didn't feel a thing.
    In season two when tied up in Qarth the Dragons blew fire at the warlock through her body and she didn't get burnt.
    Even this season when she went to see them tied up they were breathing fire at her.
    If Martin intended her unburnt status to be only one incident the TV show has royally screwed up.

He is supposed to be Neds son by some tavern wench. Except littlefinger said that that wasnt Neds style. There is a definite link between the mad king and neds sister. put two and two together and you get that john snow is actually neds sisters son by the mad king.

Not the mad king, Dany's older brother Rhaeger. The guy Selmy said loved to sing.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Not the mad king, Dany's older brother Rhaeger. The guy Selmy said loved to sing.

ah right. that makes sense.

If it is true about rhaegar and john snow it means that maester aemon of castle black would be john snows great great uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

golfball37 wrote: »
    In season one she went into the boling water bath and didn't feel a thing. She picked the egg off a hot coal and didn't feel a thing.
    In season two when tied up in Qarth the Dragons blew fire at the warlock through her body and she didn't get burnt.
    Even this season when she went to see them tied up they were breathing fire at her.
    If Martin intended her unburnt status to be only one incident the TV show has royally screwed up.

Ya it looks like Danaerys is immune to fire, on the TV show anyway. Don't think it was a screw up though, more like the TV show took the character background a different direction.

It was probably meant as a plot twist given the fact that Viserys kept saying he had the 'blood of the dragon' and was the rightful king while his sister was just some whore to be traded as he pleased. Turns out though that Danaerys is the true Targaryen with the dragon blood and possibly the true queen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

In season 1 she also picked the dragon egg up out of the fire and wasn't burnt, Irri wasn't so fortunate though...

Also in the first episode Daenerys walks into the boiling hot bath like it ain't no thang. The Targaryens aren't immune to heat, they generally have a high tolerance to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

this latest poster image for season 5 seems too revealing of the final eps in got.

GameOfThrones5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Skerries wrote: »
    pure speculation about the body under the sheet but could it be
    Joffrey?

Does anybody think it's the
    high septon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

leonil7 wrote: »
    this latest poster image for season 5 seems too revealing of the final eps in got.

GameOfThrones5.jpg

I'm fairly certain that's an picture from A World of Ice and Fire with All Men Must Die and Game of Thrones photoshopped onto it. I doubt it's related to season 5..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement