Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Thread for Leaked Episodes (1-4) [** Spoilers **] - HAVE read the books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Jofspring wrote: »
    I can't remember the trailers but is there anything to suggest the High Sparrow/Cersi story will go anything like the books? As it stands it could continue the way it is and go completely against them.
    There are set photos of the day they filmed Cersei's walk of shame so that definitely happens. Although she doesn't shave her head, just chops most of her hair off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

An interesting idea appearing in the non-readers thread spurred by the Maegi Flashback linking Cersei's telling Caitlyn Stark of a dark haired child she had with Robert Baratheon (back in Season 1/2) and the suggestion that Gendry could be that child i.e. Robert's true heir. It'd be a really nice twist imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sleepy wrote: »
    An interesting idea appearing in the non-readers thread spurred by the Maegi Flashback linking Cersei's telling Caitlyn Stark of a dark haired child she had with Robert Baratheon (back in Season 1/2) and the suggestion that Gendry could be that child i.e. Robert's true heir. It'd be a really nice twist imo.

I was looking to debunk this as I was sure that Gendry talked about his mother but all I got on the wiki was that all he remembers was his mother has blonde hair. Still very unlikely and there'd probably be no reason for it unless something strange with Cersei not wanting Robert's child, but it would be far too elaborate for anyone to pull off and say he was dead and Cersei not notice tbh.

I know how far-fetched it is, I just enjoy well reasoned tinfoil hat theorys :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it was made fairly clear Cersei killed that child? I was even going to point it out on thread I was so sure but then I couldn't remember if it was just in the book or show.

• Advertisement

The child never existed in the books and at the time, we were wondering if it was something Cersei was making up to toy with Caitlyn or if it was a departure from the books.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The child never existed in the books and at the time, we were wondering if it was something Cersei was making up to toy with Caitlyn or if it was a departure from the books.

Ah I remember now, it was that scene in season 1 that wasn't in the books where she was on about her love for her children was it and how she was actually happy on her wedding day to Robert?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I picked up on this before.

I reckon they put it in to reinforce the idea that any true born child of Robert Baratheon would have black hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah I remember now, it was that scene in season 1 that wasn't in the books where she was on about her love for her children was it and how she was actually happy on her wedding day to Robert?

Yes - I thought it was a miscarried or still born child? Was it not in the books at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

IIRC didn't Cersi say a drunken Robert called her Lyanna on their wedding night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Really not liking the Sansa story line. I don't think I could watch her get abused like "Arya" did in the books. She'll be married to a bigger monster than Joffrey.

Nim wrote: »
    Really not liking the Sansa story line. I don't think I could watch her get abused like "Arya" did in the books. She'll be married to a bigger monster than Joffrey.

She is but the have toned him down quite a bit on screen, I notice Theon seems to still have all his teeth and fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

MrWalsh wrote: »
    She is but the have toned him down quite a bit on screen, I notice Theon seems to still have all his teeth and fingers.

His name is Reek it rhymes with freak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Judging by this Alfie Allen quote you could be right

"There's something that happens about halfway through this season that is really going to make huge waves, and people aren't going to be happy about it,"

"It's hard to watch. I bear witness to this thing, and it's crazy, sort of having to portray how messed up everyone's situation is through my own reactions to what happens. Get ready for it."

That sounds pretty rough :(

Then again I'm just presuming it will be some sort of rape/torture scene involving Sansa, but I can't imagine what else Reek would bear witness to that would upset viewers as much as he's suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I wonder how disturbing it could get...i mean they know how shocked we were with the Red wedding, it's brutal enough at times at it is...i hope they don't make it too disturbing for us (and Sansa) :eek:

Sansa was 13 when the TV series started so I guess the fact that she's still a child would contribute to some of the expected shock. Even aside from that, I'm expecting it to be pretty brutal.

Sansa was 13 when the TV series started so I guess the fact that she's still a child would contribute to some of the expected shock. Even aside from that, I'm expecting it to be pretty brutal.

They couldnt go as far as the wedding night scene in the books, could they?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Jaysus, If Theon has to go down on poor Sansa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

After watching the fourth episode, I'm convinced that Shireen has big role to play. There's been references to grey-scale and stone-men the last few shows. Remember there was some kind of prophecy about waking dragons from stone in series 3 when Mel was planning on burning Gendry? Also wasn't Shireen born on Dragonstone like Daenerys? Everyone assumes her grey-scale is an affliction; maybe it's her strength. That would jive with the weakness-as-a-strength device GRR Martin is fond of.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Dragon buried in the wall perhaps?

• Advertisement

An Ice Dragon? To be awakened when the horn of Jorramun is finally blown? Could that horn be the Ice dragon equivalent of Victarion's horn?

It's one of those theories that's floated for a while. First time I've heard of Shireen having an involvement with it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Maybe Mel just brought her up north to burn her. I hope not. I reckon Stannis is pretty much screwed, especially with Brienne gunning for him. That' s a pity, I like Stephen Dillane's portrayal especially since he's thawed out a bit. I'm thinking Shireen could be most important Baratheon yet. Who knows? In the books I vaguely remember Val being afraid of Shireen and saying that she was "dead". Maybe Shireen's grey-scale gives her an affinity with the white walkers? I know there's a theory out there about the white walkers as potential good guys (or at least not the mindless zombie bad guys we currently take them for) so who knows.

Damn I love this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

If they are killing Ser Barristan and spare Grey Worm's life for the sake of his love affair with Misanwhatshername, I'm done with the show.

• Site Banned Posts: 40 shooterjay

shouldnt ser strong be in it by now ?

shooterjay wrote: »
    shouldnt ser strong be in it by now ?

Did we not see him on Qyburn's table?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I doubt Ser Barristan would be killed off now as he still has a role to play according to the books. But god knows they may just scrap the books altogether.

After watching the first four episodes again, I'm convinced something big is going to go down with Shireen this season. Her mother's cruelty toward her has been portrayed a couple of times, plus that emotional scene with Stannis and the whole grey scale discussion that's taken place between herself, Stannis and Gilly. This season especially has to make every scene at least count or bear some meaning / relevance. Or at least I hope so.

Hang on actually.

With Mace Tyrell and Ser Meryn Trant going to Braavos to negotiate with the Iron Bank ("Trant to protect Mace"), Arya is supposedly
    in training in episode 6
    . Could Ser Meryn run into Arya and give her another name to tick off her list ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Hang on actually.

With Mace Tyrell and Ser Meryn Trant going to Braavos to negotiate with the Iron Bank ("Trant to protect Mace"), Arya is supposedly
    in training in episode 6
    . Could Ser Meryn run into Arya and give her another name to tick off her list ? ;)

Have you read the "Mercy" chapter?

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Have you read the "Mercy" chapter?

Just read a synopsis of it just there. Is Rafford supposed to be
    Mace
    ? If so, am I really that far off ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement