Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Thread for Leaked Episodes (1-4) [** Spoilers **] - HAVE read the books

Options
  • 12-04-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

This is a discussion thread for the first 4 leaked episodes. If you plan on watching week to week, click the back button now (don't say I didn't warn you).

No need for spoiler tags.

This thread is for Book Readers Only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Jaysus I hope Barriston isn't dead. He's a boss the majority of the time but that last scene, fcuk me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Barristan can't be dead can he? It's like they're cutting up the book to an insane level, taking out Arianne, Aegon presumably and what the hell is Balon Greyjoy doing alive? I guess the theory that Jaquen H'Ghar killed him is in jeopardy now too?

I'm going to guess that Brienne will kidnap Sansa, hopefully with the help of Reek because you can't really have the same storyline as with fake Arya with Sansa. Then Brienne will hopefully bring her north to Jon or be intercepted by Stannis, by trying to kill him when they could have just kept going.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Such deviations from the books make me sad , don't think that was Rattleshirt on the pyre neither. RIP Mance.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I like the deviation with Sansa. I can see her becoming the rallying cry for the northern lords. "The north remembers" :D. Jaime in Dorne too. But **** me. Arya's plotline is getting dragged out. Hope they finish it quickly this season and same with Brienne & Pod. Pointless conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Enjoyed the episodes for what they are but didn't like the serious deviations though.

I hope the tv show goes on a tangent and gives a different ending that doesn't spoil the remaining books.

• Advertisement

Such deviations from the books make me sad , don't think that was Rattleshirt on the pyre neither. RIP Mance.

They showed Rattleshirt behind Tormund so I'm holding out hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

God damn it they left out Stannis' "even the cook" line but at least his seen with Shireen was nice.

Also lol at them using just "Dorne" in the intro as the placename instead of Sunspear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Id be amazed of Barristen Selmy and Grey Worm die. With Jorah away too, that would leave us with only two main characters in Darrio Naharis and Missandei, with Danearys' plot line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Very surprised at how much has been cut out. They're going to get to the end of the currently released books at this rate.

Also it looks like the prostitute in Volantis is taking the place of Penny the Dwarf.

I'm happy enough that they're burning through the Mereen stuff quickly though, and I think they've done a good job in putting Sansa in the Jayne Poole role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Jon became Lord Commander very quickly, he's clearly getting a bit of a stabbing this season. And he never said "Edd, fetch the block"!? A small detail but one I was waiting for for a long time.. I'm excited about Sansas storyline, it makes sense to take the fake Arya storyline out and seeing as tv Sansa had gone as far as book Sansa it works. But would she move in with the man who killed her mother and brother? And Milesandre "You know nothing Jon Snow", fúck me it was annoying enough with one character saying it.. The wait for episode 5 is gonna be tough but I'm happy I watched them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Barry better not be dead!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Rumors going around that the two Griffs will appear in the final episodes this season, so hope prevails. But I can't believe there's no Greyjoys, Wyman Manderly, Rickon and Asha. Yet we still have to endure wooden Grey Worm, Missandei and Brienne moaning about how ugly she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There's a hell of a lot of deviation, but I really hope they keep the High Sparrow/Cersei/Margaery stuff more or less the same - it was probably the best plotline in A Feast For Crows.

One deviation I am happy about though is the Jaime & Bronn double act, since Bronn essentially disappears after A Storm of Swords and Jaime does sweet F all in Feast/Dance.

I'm quite happy about the lack of Bran - his story had pretty much caught up with the books last season, not to mention he has the most boring plot of the lot of them.

I wonder will we have any Iron Islands stuff at all this season? I know it involves a lot of new characters for the non-readers, but they've already slashed the Dornish characters in half. In a way it's good that they're moving away from the books, because it means the TV show is less likely to ruin the ending of the book series.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, does anyone know where the scene with Bronn and Jamie
    is located?? Somewhere in Northern Ireland perhaps? I presume the castle
    was not CGI.
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone else recognise the feather Sansa found at Lyanna's tomb? Nice callback to S1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Strider wrote: »
    Anyone else recognise the feather Sansa found at Lyanna's tomb? Nice callback to S1.

What was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I was so gutted Jon didn't use the "Ed, fetch the block" line. I know it was replaced by telling the kid to fetch his sword but still, they could have left it in for us book nerds...

It's looking like I called it right on Sansa taking the Jayne Poole role... the internet feminists are going to lose their tiny little minds if Sansa has to endure what Jayne's character did at the hands of Ramsey!

I'm enjoying the deviations I have to say, it keeps it more interesting and makes those cuts they're forced to make for the show more tolerable. It'd be far easier to be disappointed in a "by the book" filming than an adaptation like this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

I'm enjoying the diversions from the books too.

The Sansa story has nearly become my favourite now. We know she's going to go through some tough times with Ramsey.

They explained what would happen when Stanis wins or loses so they'll be taking a 3rd option. The Noth Remembers brill.

Lots of hints and Jon too throughout.

The Faith Militant I found really chilling and effective.

If I was a betting man Littlefinger is getting his head chopped off when he gets back to Kingslanding. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

It will be disappointing if Sansa is going to be a victim to yet another monster. But Little Finger's speech to her about no longer running away gives me hope that it will be different this time as to what it was with Joffrey.

Hopefully Sansa plays Ramsey like a fiddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

If I was a betting man Littlefinger is getting his head chopped off when he gets back to Kingslanding. :(

Yeah I can see this happening too. Sansa's pack goes completely and she gets a new one?

Jon Stark wrote: »
    It will be disappointing if Sansa is going to be a victim to yet another monster. But Little Finger's speech to her about no longer running away gives me hope that it will be different this time as to what it was with Joffrey.

Hopefully Sansa plays Ramsey like a fiddle.

The problem I have with that is that it goes completely against his character to be tamed in any way.

Speaking of going against characters, Ellaria Sand being so militant is a bit annoying to see, just have Arianne if you want to go that route, seems like a decision based purely on finances as Ellaria is literally the opposite in the books. No Mountain's head either. Seems there will be no faffing about with Dorne and it'll just be pure war.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I really can't see this happening. It'd be so out of character for Littlefinger to return to KL if he hasn't got at least an escape route and besides, Cersei knows nothing of what he's been doing with Sansa. As far as she knows he's simply taken control of the Vale and the Arynn armies are now at her disposal.

I'd be really disappointed if they have Cersei out-maneuver the best player in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How old is Tommen suppose to be in the show?

I think it's gone too different to be annoyed at the direction any more which is helping me as with the last season being my favourite period of the show the deviations pissed me off to no end just being hacked up versions of the book scenes. By the time the 4th episode of this season rolled around everyone's storyline was significantly different and I'm enjoying the differences and just hope they don't spoil it too much for us. The amount they're cutting out is worrying but making for a more interesting tv show I guess. The lack of Greyjoys is a slightly distressing thing but hopefully they are just banking characters for next season. Their complete absence is the elephant in the room though with regards bad planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Watched the first three episodes. Stannis is one of my favourite characters in the books and I'm pretty happy with the way he's being portrayed this season. Stephen Dillane is a great actor but I was disappointed by the clear bias against Stannis in previous seasons. I'd like to see some more of that snappy patter from the books between himself and Jon.

Ok on the note of Littlefinger he could take on the Varys role of killing off uncle Kevan and grand maestar but these producers are assholes killing off left right and central characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

threein99 wrote: »
    What was that ?

Robert left the feather in her hands when he visited it with Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

letowski wrote: »
    Id be amazed of Barristen Selmy and Grey Worm die. With Jorah away too, that would leave us with only two main characters in Darrio Naharis and Missandei, with Danearys' plot line.

Grey Worm definitely survives as there was a clip of him and Missandei lying in bed together in the season 5 trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

bopper wrote: »
    Grey Worm definitely survives as there was a clip of him and Missandei lying in bed together in the season 5 trailer.

Was she singing to him ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement