Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

After last nights performance from the ox do we need pay serious money for gzote or hazard, do we have the man to play in that position in the ox
    If he gets more time in the centre of midfield before the end of the season and impresses I could be convinced to use him and Ramsey there next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

After last nights performance from the ox do we need pay serious money for gzote or hazard, do we have the man to play in that position in the ox
    If he gets more time in the centre of midfield before the end of the season and impresses I could be convinced to use him and Ramsey there next season

I was thinking the exact same thing myself but then we would still need to bring in a top class winger, thought Hazard can play on the wing? Although with his constant trying to whore himself around have been turned of him could see him being a Nasri not the type of player I want at the club. Or who could we get for the wing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think give Santos a run on the left wing as he has impressed me much more in attack than in defense from what I have seen of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just looking at our website, we've 10 players unavailable through injury :eek::eek: we really are well and truly cursed with injuries :mad:

I think they should look into the conditioning of our players as its a huge worry and has been the past 3 or 4 seasons.

Have been saying the same myself.
    Just look at the players who leave Arsenal and they don't seem to pick up injuries at the rate they do at Arsenal. Fabregas is injury free since leaving and we have 5 or 6 midfielders out at the minute.

Or maybe that why were meant to be signing Podolski as Wengers seeing him playing on the left more so than up front, just a theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Hopefully good times ahead, Wilshere, the Ox, Ryo, Ramsey and maybe Frimmy could be the heart of the team for years.
    I know Ramsey's been off the boil lately, not sure if he's been played too far forward, but with Wales against England i thought he dominated the midfield from a deeper role.
    Regards the kids being unprofessional on twitter, well they're kids and I'm sure banter is allowed these days!

Or maybe that why were meant to be signing Podolski as Wengers seeing him playing on the left more so than up front, just a theory.

I agree Podolski for the wings but also a proper replacement for when we give RVP a rest

Also bild are reporting that the Podolski deal is done for 13m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't see his price being anywhere near that tbh. I read somewhere that we might get him for as little as 5 million.

If we get him for less than 10 I'd be very happy :)

• Advertisement

Can't see his price being anywhere near that tbh. I read somewhere that we might get him for as little as 5 million.

There saying 10.9 million pound the english papers picking up on it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Euro or Sterling? I'd gladly pay around £10m for him, especially if we keep van Persie like we should. I wouldnt mind splashing a little cash on someone of his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Euro or Sterling? I'd gladly pay around £10m for him, especially if we keep van Persie like we should. I wouldnt mind splashing a little cash on someone of his ability.

Get him signed before the euros. A German run in the tournament with him bagging a few would inflate his price. Which would be sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I think that price is a clause in his contract if Koln get relegated, they're currently 3 points above the drop zone with 10 games left.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

10m pound 13m euro

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The part about the other North London team and wont mention their name, and he then actually does mention them later in the interview haha. Then saying he hopes Chelsea come 4th, just is not the kind of thing Players should be saying. Anyway its what i expect from kids, and Frimpong and Wilshere are at the same stuff on twitter is very very immature.

There's a good reason himself, Frimpong and Wilshere are that stuff on twitter. You see unlike any of the spurs players (that I know of) they openly support and love the club they play for, plus they have a sense of humour. Besides, its just banter, you shouldn't take it so seriously.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a good reason himself, Frimpong and Wilshere are that stuff on twitter. You see unlike any of the spurs players (that I know of) they openly support and love the club they play for, plus they have a sense of humour. Besides, its just banter, you shouldn't take it so seriously.

They're mates too. It's nice to see them riffing on each other. it gives them a human touch that is often lost in many modern footballers more well known for issuing robotic and pre-planned generic media friendly quotes along the lines of, "It was the 3 points that mattered at the end of the day". Honestly, part of me dies a bit on the inside whenever I hear a footballer say that (especially in cup games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Delighted! Just found my first Arsenal jersey, it was lost for years!
    scaled.php?server=821&filename=07032012.jpg&res=medium

Anyone recall hammering Standard Liege 7-0 in this jersey? Eddie McGoldrick even scored, the last time an Irish player scored for Arsenal!! 18 years ago.

Anyways, sorry for goin off topic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Also, Dawson injured for Spurs for the rest of the season. With King being unable to play games back to back, good news for Arsenal in the race for 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Well if Podolski is getting 100k a week well then I reckon RVP will get a significent wage increase :) would that mean Podolski would be top earner at the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Spurs players are falling like flies

they must have eating that dodgy lasagne again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

£11m looks a snip for a player of Podolski's quality but 100k a week? Not outrageous for Arsenal but then the club has got a lot of mediocre players on high wages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

100k a week. I dont believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Also Ill be sick to my stomach If this happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17296185
    Roberto Mancini keen on Arsenal star Robin van Persie

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed his interest in Arsenal's Robin van Persie, but believes the striker will remain with the Gunners.
    The 28-year-old, who has scored 32 goals this season, is out of contract in 2013 and has put talks over a new deal on hold until the summer.
    "We are interested in good players," Mancini said. "I think all the good teams are interested in Van Persie.
    "He is a fantastic striker but I think he will remain with Arsenal."

City signed Samir Nasri from Arsenal last summer and have also recruited Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor from the Gunners in recent years.
    Van Persie joined Arsenal from Feyenoord in 2004 and, after a number of injury-plagued seasons, he has been prolific since succeeding Cesc Fabregas as captain in August.
    "I think if there is a good player who wants to leave a club, then we are interested," Mancini explained.
    "I think Van Persie at this moment is one of the best strikers in Europe with [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo, Sergio [Aguero] and Mario [Balotelli].
    "But if this player wants to stay, we don't have any problem. In my opinion, Van Persie will stay at Arsenal."
    Arsenal are set to finish without a trophy for the seventh consecutive season after falling out of contention for all domestic and European accolades.
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Currently fourth in the Premier League, they face a battle to qualify for next season's Champions League, a competition they have contested every year since 1998.
    Having lost Fabregas and Nasri last summer, Van Persie departing would be a huge blow to their hopes of vying for top honours.
    The Dutchman has scored 127 goals in 266 games for Arsenal including 25 in the Premier League this term.
    "I think Robin van Persie will sign a new contract with Arsenal because, if Arsenal lose him, they will have a big problem," Mancini added.
    "I think Arsenal will buy good players in the summer.
    "Arsenal is a top team. They want to win the next Premier League, so for these reasons I think he will stay."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

£100k a week?

Jaysus.

Still though, he's cheap-ish at £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Bah mancini's getting worse than 'arry now, no i wouldn't but if i could i would.

jordainius wrote: »
    I think that price is a clause in his contract if Koln get relegated, they're currently 3 points above the drop zone with 10 games left.

Read that too.

£5m would be bargain of century.

100k a week I don't have a problem with for Podolski, he's 26 in great form his international record speaks for itself, he's attracted interest from all over Europe so if true he's on a 100k a week and the deal is done and dusted it send out s signal of intent to clubs around Europe and more importantly to us the fans that no more messung about we mean business this year.

100k a week I don't have a problem with for Podolski, he's 26 in great form his international record speaks for itself, he's attracted interest from all over Europe so if true he's on a 100k a week and the deal is done and dusted it send out s signal of intent to clubs around Europe and more importantly to us the fans that no more messung about we mean business this year.

Very true.

Strikers next year:

-RVP (fingers crossed)
    -Podolski (fingers crossed)
    -Campbell back from loan at Lorient (playing well apparently)

-Dispose of Chamakh and Park in a humane fashion.

One more offensive player needed.

Anythign to be said - anything - for Shane Long? I don't think we can get another marquee striker, and we need strength in depth.

I'm thinking of sub-top class strikers in the PL. God forbid, but bring B52 back from Sunderland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

meriwether wrote: »
    £100k a week?

Jaysus.

Still though, he's cheap-ish at £10m
    Not really though. That's £5m a year in wages. Which is about £1.5m more than if he were on £70k pw. Over four years that's quite a bit of money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement