Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode 5x01 - 'The Wars to Come' - HAVE read the books [** Spoilers **]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'd say the Mance reveal is still on.

The actor more or less confirmed it, he was very disappointed to be killed off before he did anything.

And just watching the scene, the way Mance was talking it was definitely him that went on the pyre, if it was Rattleshirt, he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The actor more or less confirmed it, he was very disappointed to be killed off before he did anything.

And just watching the scene, the way Mance was talking it was definitely him that went on the pyre, if it was Rattleshirt, he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming.

They could always say the glamour/magic/whatever stopped him from speaking too but that's clutching at straws, I think you're right in that he would have been gagged or something if it wasn't actually Mance.

And the Sansa story has probably veered off in a completely different direction from the books.

I think I actually tuned out during the scene with her and LF in the carriage, no memory of what was said.

Ever since the trailers, its been said that Sansa is going to Winterfell, which makes little sense unless she is replacing Fake Arya/ Jeyne Poole....That just raises further questions if true.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sansa asked LF where they're going and he said "somewhere very far away" or something along those lines? I can't remember exactly but I've no idea where he was on about, but his description didn't really make me think Winterfell.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

FunLover18 wrote: »
    ALSO who actually cares about Greyworm's love life? It's a non story I wish they'd stop wasting screen time on it.

I'd say they're building to him being killed by the harpys instead of missandei's brother and so looking to create more of a connection with the viewers before that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

kellso81 wrote: »
    I'd say they're building to him being killed by the harpys instead of missandei's brother and so looking to create more of a connection with the viewers before that

Wasting screen time on it only to kill him off would be worse than doing it for no reason :mad:

Wasting screen time on it only to kill him off would be worse than doing it for no reason :mad:

I guess they're running out of "important" characters to kill and probably feel they need to keep up the shows reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mormegil

Ever since the trailers, its been said that Sansa is going to Winterfell,

Mainly cause in the Trailer you see Sansa, Littlefinger and a bunch of Vale Knights riding into Winterfell where the Boltons await them. :D

Mormegil wrote: »
    Mainly cause in the Trailer you see Sansa, Littlefinger and a bunch of Vale Knights riding into Winterfell where the Boltons await them. :D

Really?

Must not have seen that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Really?

Must not have seen that one.

It was in one of the later trailers, I saw it on some website where someone had screen grabbed each individual piece and examined it.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    It was in one of the later trailers, I saw it on some website where someone had screen grabbed each individual piece and examined it.

I definitely didn't see that.

I definitely didn't see that.

Here it is here - its quite far down the page, they also claim one of the gif's is Sansa in Winterfells crypt.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/10/a-gif-breakdown-of-the-new-game-of-thrones-season-5-trailer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'm sure if Melisandre had glamoured Mance with Tormund we would have been shown Mels Ruby around her neck glow, and something similar on Mance/Tormund. Mance is definately dead and I can't see them sending Tormund to Winterfell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I've read all the books, the first few a couple of times but after reading this thread i'd shocked at how much i've forgotten from the more recent books! I feel like i'm in the wrong thread :(
    This definitely does appear to be the season where tv and books diverge though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Scruff wrote: »
    I've read all the books, the first few a couple of times but after reading this thread i'd shocked at how much i've forgotten from the more recent books! I feel like i'm in the wrong thread :(
    This definitely does appear to be the season where tv and books diverge though.

I know how you feel :( granted it has been a long time since I read them but still, the amount I've forgotten is shocking. Had forgotten all about Dalla until she was mentioned in this thread!

• Advertisement

I know how you feel :( granted it has been a long time since I read them but still, the amount I've forgotten is shocking.

I feel the same. Sure I was referring to fake Arya above because I couldnt remember her name.

Also, as the stories have started to diverge a bit more I dont always relate what is going on back to something in the books (even if it did happen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven't read the books but recently I happened upon something that seems fairly important from the books but wasn't in this episode.

Maggy the Frog tells Cersei that the "valonqar" will kill her.

Have the writers explained why they dropped it? Or am I completely wrong and it is mentioned in the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Maggy the Frog tells Cersei that the "valonqar" will kill her.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned in an earlier season, open to correction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it's in the show as far as I know. As in it is something that has always played on Cersei' mind in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Pretty sure it's been mentioned in an earlier season, open to correction though.
    Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya it's in the show as far as I know. As in it is something that has always played on Cersei' mind in the show.

Thanks for responding. Based on your replies I rephrased my google search and found this article - http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/05/cersei-valonqar-prophecy-told-jaime-game-of-thrones-children-die-cleganebowl-when-spoilers/ - and according to this site "valonqar" hasn't featured in the show at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement