Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itemising Purchases via Card terminals

Options
  • 16-03-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im looking at a way in which card terminal purchases made can be itemized for both consumer and business.
    Is there such a way it can be done?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You would need to connect it to a POS system for this that would have a reader connected and linked together. Most care machines cannot itemise themselves as they're fairly basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Mr. G wrote: »
    You would need to connect it to a POS system for this that would have a reader connected and linked together. Most care machines cannot itemise themselves as they're fairly basic.

Hi Mr G,
    Thanks for your reply, Thats what I thought. From what I have researched a lot of machines cannot, however I came across this online http://www.destinationcrm.com/Articles/CRM-News/CRM-Across-the-Wire/Thanx-Launches-to-Fix-Customer-Loyalty-100177.aspx

It appears that these guys have a partnership with VISA and MasterCard however that's where my question lies..How is that purchases are itemised and tracked if no additional hardware or software is required

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Looks like a merchant can grant permission to access the merchants Visa, Mastercard, ApplePay sales records.
    Then this service, running it's 'cloud CRM' downloads this, and matches purchases with customers who have registered their phone and card with their service.
    It appears to count only purchase $ amount, not the items purchased.

But I'm only going by a quick glance.

Advertisement