Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole payment

Options
  • 17-11-2014 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I am due to start a job next week. The job pays monthly. I will be without money for four weeks if I am off the dole. Is there any way I can be on the dole while I am working before I get my first job payment. Reason being how am I supposed to travel to work for the first four weeks?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

If you were changing from a weekly paid job to a monthly paid one you would be without pay for 3 weeks, (or 4 if it was a dreaded 5 week month). You can approach your employer or the payroll/HR department and ask for a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to State Benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Not the dole but sometimes (key word) the community welfare officer can pay in circumstances such as yours. It will require a visit to where ever your local one is and probably the furnishing of some ddocuments but that is your only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

The local community welfare officer might ( operative word) help.
    Would you have a family member that could sub you the travel fare until your first month's salary is paid?

Congratulations on the new job btw:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kleaner

Cheers rubberchicken yeah got busy 5 weeks ahead of me and thats not even taking into account christmas..better to busy than idle :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement