Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard problem.

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

A neighbour dropped over a broken laptop the other night.
    The motherboard was fried. There was mould on the fan, and a few grains of rice fell out. I didn't ask. Young kids and all.

Anyway, I had a similar one lying around that i was harvesting for parts.
    It wasn't the exact model, but it did fit in.

After reinstalling Windows on it, it ran fine for a couple of hours. I was installing updates, and then some of the keys got stuck.

I replaced the old keyboard with one from the spares I had. Again, not the same model, but it was the one that was with the replacement motherboard.

This worked for an hour or so, but then the function keys started playing up.

Oh yeah. The original keyboard was missing a few keys, but the replacement was fine.

Took out the hard drive, and stuck in a USB pen with Trinity Rescue Kit on it. That went haywire.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Terry wrote: »
    A neighbour dropped over a broken laptop the other night.
    The motherboard was fried. There was mould on the fan, and a few grains of rice fell out. I didn't ask. Young kids and all.

Anyway, I had a similar one lying around that i was harvesting for parts.
    It wasn't the exact model, but it did fit in.

After reinstalling Windows on it, it ran fine for a couple of hours. I was installing updates, and then some of the keys got stuck.

I replaced the old keyboard with one from the spares I had. Again, not the same model, but it was the one that was with the replacement motherboard.

This worked for an hour or so, but then the function keys started playing up.

Oh yeah. The original keyboard was missing a few keys, but the replacement was fine.

Took out the hard drive, and stuck in a USB pen with Trinity Rescue Kit on it. That went haywire.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by haywire? What was happening? I wouldn't have thought they were related but need more info.

Advertisement