Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt parts in Dublin?

Options
  • 31-07-2015 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Felt F series road bike and on my homeward commute the other day the derailleur hanger snapped.

I was passing a cycle repair and sales place on the walk home so I brought it in and, to my surprise, they told me "Can help you, we can't get Felt parts".

I'd like to sort this over the weekend if possible because I get cranky without my bike, so before I spend Saturday ringing around places I thought it might be worth asking, does anyone know anywhere around Dublin that would stock this part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

I have a Felt F series road bike and on my homeward commute the other day the derailleur hanger snapped.

I was passing a cycle repair and sales place on the walk home so I brought it in and, to my surprise, they told me "Can help you, we can't get Felt parts".

I'd like to sort this over the weekend if possible because I get cranky without my bike, so before I spend Saturday ringing around places I thought it might be worth asking, does anyone know anywhere around Dublin that would stock this part?

Wheel worx liffeyvalley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

EuroCycles on the long mile road also used to sell Felt bikes (and probably still do)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

I'd go to Eurocycles first in your situation, I gather they are the importer/distributor for Felt, and I know of one or 2 people having to go there after not getting satisfaction from another retailer that stocks and sells a lot of Felts, and they were looked after there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cython wrote: »
    I'd go to Eurocycles first in your situation, I gather they are the importer/distributor for Felt, and I know of one or 2 people having to go there after not getting satisfaction from another retailer that stocks and sells a lot of Felts, and they were looked after there.

+1 for Eurocycles, got me a derailleur hanger for my Felt no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thanks guys, I'll try Eurocycles in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mgbgt0_0

I had the same issue with a Felt dropout, I went to Wheel worx and got a dropout but when I tried to fit it it did not quite fit
    I went back to the store and was told to just force it as that is what they do, I was not happy with that and got a refund.I then went to Eurocycle but they did not have the one that I wanted in stock. He then went and removed one from a new bike which fitted perfect.
    Service could not of been better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Eurocycles had the part and I patched her up this afternoon, good as new. Thanks all for the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

When I saw the thread title, I thought it might be related to this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057470604

Advertisement