Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ed when did you get that? What engine?

Looks very well! Nice colour and wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭pheelay

Picked this up in UK couple weeks ago. 2.5L V6, 180hp :D

IMG_0100.jpg

CIMG1560t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

*Slips On RJ's Drool*

LIKE.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

pheelay wrote: »
    Picked this up in UK couple weeks ago. 2.5L V6, 180hp :D

I test drove one of them before and I have to say I HATED it! 180bhp from a 2.5 ltr engine seems a complete waste to me, along with the fact that it didn't feel powerful at all!

The gearknob kept coming off too and it was very hard to change gears.

I hope you paid next to nothing for it!

Ahhhhh sbahaha... Sorry haha, 180 bhp, from a 2.5 v6? Baaahhahaha

• Advertisement

I test drove one of them before and I have to say I HATED it! 180bhp from a 2.5 ltr engine seems a complete waste to me, along with the fact that it didn't feel powerful at all!

Might have been w***ed, if the VIS motors fail they'll be down a 20/30bhp, and they do fail quite a bit.
    Ahhhhh sbahaha... Sorry haha, 180 bhp, from a 2.5 v6? Baaahhahaha

The Alfa 2.5 V6 is about the same power wise, the 2.5 Mondeo engine in the Mk2s were 170bhp ish, the X type 2.5 was about 190.

The gearknob kept coming off too and it was very hard to change gears.

I hope you paid next to nothing for it!

lol, the 2 most common issues on these cars are the VIS and clutch cylinder - sounds like you test drove one that was down on power with a dodgy clutch! Usually easy fixes.

They're not exactly latest technology, that's for sure, but yes, they can be got super cheap nowadays so bang-for-buck, a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

lol, the 2 most common issues on these cars are the VIS and clutch cylinder - sounds like you test drove one that was down on power with a dodgy clutch! Usually easy fixes.

They're not exactly latest technology, that's for sure, but yes, they can be got super cheap nowadays so bang-for-buck, a bargain.

Not a bad looking car.. does the wing come off though? And maybe all those little badges all over the shop?

Would clean and smoothen things up

.......... And maybe all those little badges all over the shop?

there's lots of badges on them alright, I like the wing though

RoverJames wrote: »
    there's lots of badges on them alright, I like the wing though

The wing makes it look very boy-racery and does restrict the view out of the back window, however I think that it is functional on one of these cars without VIS and clutch problems :pac:

To what extent it's functional, I don't know but does it really have to be that big? I myself would prefer the lip spoiler on its own.

@pheelay - I didn't mean to attack you over the car, apologies if it looked that way. I just have bad memories from driving one!

Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

..however I think that it is functional on one of these cars without VIS and clutch problems :pac:
    functional...LMAO!!
    @pheelay - I didn't mean to attack you over the car, apologies if it looked that way. I just have bad memories from driving one!

Best of luck with it!

each to his own etc, no offense taken at all :)

functional...LMAO!!

:pac: = sarcasm

;)

The Alfa 2.5 V6 is about the same power wise, the 2.5 Mondeo engine in the Mk2s were 170bhp ish, the X type 2.5 was about 190.

I know, but still. It might make sense over in the UK because the sole reason why engine size bothers us is because of tax, but there's alot more power for money to be had!

Not taking away from the fact it's a lovely car btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My American Dodge Charger 3.5Ltr V6, 250BHP rental car....I want it back!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/81540/174220.jpg

What was it like to drive? I love the looks of those.

............but there's alot more power for money to be had!

Considering the car was more than likely bought for £2000 ish and the fact it's 2004/2005 I don't think for the money that there is a lot more power to be had in the 8 year old car bracket.

2.0 turbo GTi golfs from the late 00s are 210bhp standard iirc.

Nasp are nasps after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Eoin wrote: »
    What was it like to drive? I love the looks of those.

I have to say, I was surprised at how nimble it was in the corners. I drove it through Yosemite national park, so there were plenty of bends to throw it around! It had a crappy 4 speed auto, which was its main downfall, but the sound of that 3.5 litre V6 more than made up for it! For such a hwavy car, it was some yoke to go. It put a smile on my face every time I sat in it!

Considering the car was more than likely bought for £2000 ish and the fact it's 2004/2005 I don't think for the money that there is a lot more power to be had in the 8 year old car bracket.

2.0 turbo GTi golfs from the late 00s are 210bhp standard iirc.

Nasp are nasps after all.

Yes but with a quick map they're alot more than that, held back by regulations or some ****e.

Yes but with a quick map they're alot more than that, held back by regulations or some ****e.

they're a lot more than £2000 is it I hear you say :pac:

Sure Rover's own 2.0 turbo T series can go to 240bhp with a filter, exhaust and a boost increase without any remap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Sorry folks I have lost my camera but I have an E63 AMG metallic silver with black leather seats. honestly!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

my ould yoke.............

19062011001.jpg

the other halfs shopping trolley............

22072011002.jpg

• Advertisement

they're a lot more than £2000 is it I hear you say :pac:

Sure Rover's own 2.0 turbo T series can go to 240bhp with a filter, exhaust and a boost increase without any remap.

The 1.8T found in the Mark at 150bhp can be mapped to over 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

2.5L V6, 180hp :D

Jaysus. Shockingly low power for that engine size. They could learn a thing or 2 from the Japs. A 1.6 Type R Civic will put out the same power as that! Or better again a 1.6 Nissan Pulsar N1 will put out around 200hp :D.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Jaysus. Shockingly low power for that engine size. They could learn a thing or 2 from the Japs. A 1.6 Type R Civic will put out the same power as that! Or better again a 1.6 Nissan Pulsar N1 will put out around 200hp :D.

Or comparing like with like the 2.5 V6 4Gr-FSE in the Lexus IS250 throws out 205bhp.

Let's take a peak at a Honda V6, a 3.5 no doubt, 220bhp ish from 3.5 litres (early 00s Legend), oh yes let's admire the Japs.

Common sense, it's not all that common :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

And just for the craic, lets throw the RB26DETT in there

2.6L forced induction capable of >850whp. I think the japs win :D

I can't say what I think as it's deserving of a ban :pac:

RJ was talking about naturally aspirated motors, not FI ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How's about the F20C? :D

I know, I was taking the mickey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Or comparing like with like the 2.5 V6 4Gr-FSE in the Lexus IS250 throws out 205bhp.

Let's take a peak at a Honda V6, a 3.5 no doubt, 220bhp ish from 3.5 litres (early 00s Legend), oh yes let's admire the Japs.

Hey I'm just saying if a little 1600cc 4 cylinder can put out that kind of power then surely a 2500cc or 3500cc 6 cylinder should be capable of a lot more (including the IS250 and the Legend). And yes I do admire the Japs as they've made (in my eyes at least) some of the best affordable performance cars around.

Anyways apologies for all the off topicness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

300 from a German na 5.0l V12 :o

my old G4 lude put out 197 from it's superb 2.2 na vtec

Testament1 wrote: »
    Hey I'm just saying if a little 1600cc 4 cylinder can put out that kind of power then surely a 2500cc or 3500cc 6 cylinder should be capable of a lot more (including the IS250 and the Legend). And yes I do admire the Japs as they've made (in my eyes at least) some of the best affordable performance cars around.

Anyways apologies for all the off topicness!!

I'm sure they could if they were as engineered as that 1.6 type engine is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

9b421535.jpg

Hmmmmm......

20110913125802.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You averaged 16 miles an hour 11 and a half years ago on a nice warm day?

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

EPM wrote: »

Nova wasnt around 11.5 years ago......
    I knew Marty Mc Fly was around somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

EPM wrote: »

Whooops! was mean to be my MPG... had to go down to check there!

Wish I hadnt bothered! :(

20110913192441.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads just a little tit bit with regards to the bhp info. Dont forget that a lot of NA cars would have a lot more bhp at the flywheel than they would at the drive wheels. So much of the extra power is lost due to extra bulk of the heavier engine. it gets eaten up by itself , thats where turbos kick in and retain so much more of their power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

dharn wrote: »
    ya those wheels are awful like 3 thumbtacks overlapped very strange design

Funny the wheels were one of the things I really loved. Saab 3 spokers are an aquired taste I suppose, you either love em or hate them. I cant stop seeing three thumbtacks now though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Funny the wheels were one of the things I really loved. Saab 3 spokers are an aquired taste I suppose, you either love em or hate them. I cant stop seeing three thumbtacks now though :p
    I think they look great Saab Ed. Always liked them too. Very similar to the Viggen (sp?) wheels...:cool:
    Speaking of which, are they completely gone from the market now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boyler07

My new car, Opel Astra OPC Nurburgring, I've had her a week now, still haven't stopped grinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

boyler07 wrote: »
    My new car, Opel Astra OPC Nurburgring, I've had her a week now, still haven't stopped grinning.

I passed you yesterday near Blessington or Tallaght I think, after 6ish?! I was in a black Integra!

Your car looks great!

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Lads just a little tit bit with regards to the bhp info. Dont forget that a lot of NA cars would have a lot more bhp at the flywheel than they would at the drive wheels. So much of the extra power is lost due to extra bulk of the heavier engine. it gets eaten up by itself , thats where turbos kick in and retain so much more of their power

True, but some 2.5 V6s only weight 150kg :D

colatube wrote: »
    I passed you yesterday near Blessington or Tallaght I think, after 6ish?! I was in a black Integra!

Your car looks great!
    Not me, I think you passed the only other Dublin reg Burg in the country, from what I can gather there's only 5 burgs in the whole of Ireland, I knew these were rare, didn't realize just how rare they are.
    Cheers.

I saw one new on the back of a truck and I recently passed one (can't remember if it was C or D reg, lovely cars :)

The one thing that surprised me the most about these Burg's is the ride, a lot smoother and more civilized than I thought it would be, but when you press the accelerator, my god does it shift it's arse, local petrol station is going too love me I think,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

my weekend runner.

goss101 wrote: »
    my weekend runner.

VERY nice! Reminds me of a Solero exotic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@goss101, how does the rad cool when it is buried in the front wing and not getting cool air from the front grill, or does it even matter?

cadaliac wrote: »
    @goss101, how does the rad cool when it is buried in the front wing..........

the fan is on a lot I'd say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement