Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower for private well supply

Options
  • 03-04-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi my water supply is from a well. I have an electric shower and the water pressure is very bad and the shower is either too hot or too cold. This happens because hhe pump on the well is kicking in and out. Is there anyway I can solve this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pache

So are you saying said shower is piped from said well pump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gjb

yep. The shower is connected from the main supply pipe from the well/pump system to storage tanks in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Might be worth considering a much larger pressure vessel fitted to the well pump.
    That or change the shower for a tank fed unit and plumb it from your attic tank. Should be a simple enough solution to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

I had same problem a while ago. Pressure up and down because of the well pump supply pressure. Went with a gravity fed shower in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

An instant shower piped off the cold tank in your attic will work perfect, Mira Elite ir Triton T90.
    Your issue is unsustained pressure from your booster pump which has a high and low set point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 gjb

It is a triton Benzique, could I pipe this directly from the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

gjb wrote: »
    It is a triton Benzique, could I pipe this directly from the tank?

Only if you have a 15meter head, ie your tank is 15 meters above the shower, which wouldnt be normal, otherwise it needs to be connected to your mains, which in ur case is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You have a mains fed shower. The best thing you can do is replace it with a Mira Elite ST or a Triton T90Z. These would be piped from your attic tank. They have their own built in pump & the pressure & tempeture will always be constant. I don't see any other solution working for you. The Triton T90Z is about €230 in woodies at the moment. It can be €250 when not on offer.

Advertisement