Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Tab 10.1 screen tape

Options
  • 18-06-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend tried to replace the screen on her kids Galaxy Tab 10.1. She got it on but was slightly out of line and now it's impossible to get the charger cable in.

Does anyone know where to get replacement double sided tape for a Tab 10.1? I've looked everywhere online and not sure what would be the best tape to get. Other than tape, all I can think of is another replacement screen but it's a bit expensive for her.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anyone? Surely somebody must have an idea :)

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never took a Galaxy Tab apart as I don't have one, but are you sure your friend re-assembled it correctly as I don't think tape is what holds the screen in the correct possition. If all else fails just super glue it.

The glass - like most touchscreens, have adhesive tape on them and she managed to stick it incorrectly. I've replaced a few screens before and no problem but now she's faced with buying another screen or me getting double sided tape. Can't use superglue because it would wreck it. Most cyanoacrylate glues like superglue melt into the plastic so can't do that.

As I said, I've never had this problem before so don't know what tape to get.

Advertisement