Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy tab 10.1 16 GB 3G questions

Options
  • 22-11-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Decided to get a tablet, and based on reviews, I'm leaning twoards a Galaxy tab 10.1 16GB 3G though I considered the Ipad2 (fed up of apple products-3 faulty iphone 4's in a year:mad:)

I'm thinking of buying this one from amazon, and have a few questions:

1) Would this be SIM free, should I just have to get a standard pay as you go SIM from vodafone/O2 etc. and it should work?

2) If the tab fails six months down the line, can i take it to a Samsung dealer here to repair it under warranty?

3) Has anyone here bought from them and had to return a faulty device, how are they to deal with?
    (I read there is a screen issue-the "oilslick" issue I think its called-on some units)

4) I think the Vat on the final price inc. delivery is calculated at irish rates automatically as I have an irish address, is this correct?

5) Does anyone know where i can get one for similar money in Ireland, either online or bricks & mortar stores?

Mods, i have posted this in the Android & Online Buying & Auctions forums, as not sure where this belongs more, please delete as required.

Many thanks in advance,

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Can anyone advise, I've searched but found nothing re. amazon. ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

glynf wrote: »
    Hi,

Decided to get a tablet, and based on reviews, I'm leaning twoards a Galaxy tab 10.1 16GB 3G though I considered the Ipad2 (fed up of apple products-3 faulty iphone 4's in a year:mad:)

I'm thinking of buying this one from amazon, and have a few questions:

1) Would this be SIM free, should I just have to get a standard pay as you go SIM from vodafone/O2 etc. and it should work?

2) If the tab fails six months down the line, can i take it to a Samsung dealer here to repair it under warranty?

3) Has anyone here bought from them and had to return a faulty device, how are they to deal with?
    (I read there is a screen issue-the "oilslick" issue I think its called-on some units)

4) I think the Vat on the final price inc. delivery is calculated at irish rates automatically as I have an irish address, is this correct?

5) Does anyone know where i can get one for similar money in Ireland, either online or bricks & mortar stores?

Mods, i have posted this in the Android & Online Buying & Auctions forums, as not sure where this belongs more, please delete as required.

Many thanks in advance,

G.

I got one here in Ireland today and have a few questions as well. Glynf did you get it in the end??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

madmoe wrote: »
    I got one here in Ireland today and have a few questions as well. Glynf did you get it in the end??

Cheers,
    M

Hi,

nope, spent all my cash on PC gear & the war office instead:) Think i'll wait until the ipad3 & Kindle fire are out. Best of luck with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

glynf wrote: »
    Hi,

nope, spent all my cash on PC gear & the war office instead:) Think i'll wait until the ipad3 & Kindle fire are out. Best of luck with it though.

Cheers mate!

Advertisement