Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Two cars Stolen! [Meath]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What a cnut about the Golf, but who the fcuk nicks a 15yr old skanger-me-banger.

Long gone to the M50 and beyond I'd say unfortunately tview. Probably worth claiming for the Golf if it doesn't show up.

Any distinguishing features - alloys, body details, colour etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Might be worth calling eFlow and check did either of the cars go through any of the tolls. Although I doubt someone travelled from the other side of the country to nick your two cars, but it still may be a possibility.

I hope you get them both back in your possession sooner rather than later, and in the same condition as they left your driveway in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

MojoMaker wrote: »
    What a cnut about the Golf, but who the fcuk nicks a 15yr old skanger-me-banger.

Was thinking the opposite.

I can see why someone might steal an IS200, being easy to steal and easy to have a good time in.

Why on earth would someone steal a diesel golf? It's probably much harder to steal and even then it's still a diesel golf. You can be sure they didn't steal it to appreciate the door shut noise. The only probability is to sell it as parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was thinking the opposite.

I can see why someone might steal an IS200, being easy to steal and easy to have a good time in.

Why on earth would someone steal a diesel golf? It's probably much harder to steal and even then it's still a diesel golf. You can be sure they didn't steal it to appreciate the door shut noise. The only probability is to sell it as parts.

Surely if you've the keys for both it's trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

tview wrote: »
    I don't appreciate your sense of humour right now.

Sorry about that. Very insensitive on my part. Best of luck getting your cars back and I'll keep my eyes out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im in Kildare

Is there any pictures of the cars so i know what im looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Any update yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i take it you have had both those cars in the same garage recently
    keys cloned
    address noted
    cars gone

or if the keys are gone do you have a house key that was on the same keyring?
    seems unlikley that it was random

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Keep an eye on donedeal fir similar (but not necessarily the same year) golfs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Same thing happened to a friend of mine in Trim a few months ago too. No sign of either car.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

Key cloning is a serious problem here. It's very easy to get it done without proof of ownership. Too fcukin easy tbh.
    Also it's not high end cars that are being targeted so much these days, volume selling cars are nicked for parts as the parts sell quicker due to the volume of them sold, ie, the market is there because of that fact.

Key cloning is a serious issue though, if you know the registration address and registration number, it's shockingly easy to get a coded key done without showing proof of ownership, either through a main dealer or other less reputable sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Isn't there cheap tools on eBay that can get around cars immobilisers? Code generators or whatever they are called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Isn't there cheap tools on eBay that can get around cars immobilisers? Code generators or whatever they are called.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weren't both keys just stolen from the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Link?

Erm..... Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

BMJD wrote: »
    Erm..... Why?!

Because sceptical. How are ye all getting on with yer $20 +50 bhp tuning boxes? ;-)

Jaysis .. vag cars look to be very easily bypassed if those listing are to be believed.... eeek. Hope they work as well as the bmw/Merc airbag tool I bought once - ie pure crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

Thanks for the replies. Just to update: Still no signs of the cars. I'm not going to answer any questions that i feel ,might jeopardise the ongoing investigation. No success in uploading pics as well. I can not reply as promptly and frequently as i would like to, life's just a bit crazy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Here are the two stolen cars. If a mod could pop them in the first post and the location, that would be great.

1_zpsgcqsjnmw.jpg~original

2_zpsn61kbadc.jpg~original

3_zps5x2jyjwn.jpg~original

4_zpsd8htezpb.jpg~original

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

Great help. Tnx voodoomelon!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement