Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks for uploading the clip, what was he doing in the Qashqai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Can someone please tell me why this young lady was so upset with me?

I passed the car in the driving lane and stayed out to leave the lane clear for the merge. The Alfa came from the merge right out in front of me. I was on cruise control at 124kph, I know, criminal. I was happy enough to mumble 'another muppet' until I saw the fog light being flashed at me. I literally saw red. I was closer to her than I wanted to be, but she was the one that chose the gap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd say she got a bit of a fright and wasn't expecting you to be on her so soon after her merge. It was a piss poor effort on her part.

Falcon L wrote: »

I passed the car in the driving lane and stayed out to leave the lane clear for the merge. The Alfa came from the merge right out in front of me. I was on cruise control at 124kph, I know, criminal. I was happy enough to mumble 'another muppet' until I saw the fog light being flashed at me. I literally saw red. I was closer to her than I wanted to be, but she was the one that chose the gap!

Alfa? It's a Fiat Bravo!

Anyway, terrible driving, why did he pull out into the overtaking lane when he was clearly travelling at the same speed as the car in front of him. He has no regard for driver's behind him. Terrible..

Thanks for uploading

At least I got the country of origin right. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

jesus christ if anyone ever flashed their fog light at me I'd probably hop straight out of the car and ragdoll down the road at 120km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Do you have front fogs or some other very bright front lights on? The way the black car afterwards gets out of the overtaking lane all of a tizzy indicates something caught his attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

She did come out across two lanes way too fast alright. Watching here on a phone screen it looks as though even though she pulled out, you didn't lift off though and she had nowhere to pull in it out of your way.

Its looks like somewhat aggressive driving after her initial mistake (because you had plenty of time to slow and didn't) , and at that kind of distance I'd be giving hazards or some warning to the car behind to back off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

she had nowhere to pull in it out of your way.

Plenty of space in the driving lane for her to pull back into.

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Do you have front fogs or some other very bright front lights on? The way the black car afterwards gets out of the overtaking lane all of a tizzy indicates something caught his attention.
    I was driving with my dipped beams on, as I always do on motorways, especially in those conditions. No fogs. Maybe the black car suddenly realised they were in the wrong lane.

Hal1 wrote: »
    I'd say she got a bit of a fright and wasn't expecting you to be on her so soon after her merge. It was a piss poor effort on her part.
    She wouldn't have got a fright if she was driving safely. If she had merged into lane 1, then checked her mirrors, she would have seen my headlights approaching in the overtaking lane.

She did come out across two lanes way too fast alright. Watching here on a phone screen it looks as though even though she pulled out, you didn't lift off though and she had nowhere to pull in it out of your way.

Its looks like somewhat aggressive driving after her initial mistake (because you had plenty of time to slow and didn't) , and at that kind of distance I'd be giving hazards or some warning to the car behind to back off.
    Check the video again. I braked which killed the cruise control. My speed, and lack of room she left, carried me close to her. I left the throttle off and you can see the gap opening up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Chippy01

I was driving with my dipped beams on, as I always do on motorways, especially in those conditions. No fogs. Maybe the black car suddenly realised they were in the wrong lane.

Perhaps your dip beams have misaligned for some reason. It can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Perhaps your dip beams have misaligned for some reason. It can happen.

Happened me when I changed a bulb. It wasn't set correctly and I had people flashing me for about a week before I copped it.

• Advertisement

The car has been through the nct very recently without issue. Anyway, I know the lights are aligned correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I get flashed a lot driving during the day, I always have my dipped lights on and headlights are always cleaned.. I put i down to people thinking I don't know i've my lights on, so strange

For reference - Mondeo Mk4 with Osram NB Bulbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Clip 1: Blasts through red light

Clip 2: He didn't fancy sitting behind the 40ft or me

Was he on cd plates or something? who'd he think he was :confused:.

diplomaticimmunity.jpg

• Advertisement

Was he on cd plates or something? who'd he think he was :confused:.

No.... Don't think he fancied sitting behind the truck so tried to dart round the outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Where was that Audi going? He looked to be in the wrong lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Walkinstown roundabout is a bit of free for all at times.
    I'd like to see them put signs up telling drivers what lane to be for each exit.

chewed wrote: »
    Where was that Audi going? He looked to be in the wrong lane.

He was behind me and the truck coming across Walkinstown Ave.... Once we got to the roundabout he tried to get passed by going round the outside.

The funny thing is the truck pulls in about 100 yards later to go to Brennans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Bus misses the exit on the M1 North but goes for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think it was a genuine mistake by the Audi.
    If he was really trying to get the jump on the truck he'd have continued accelerating all the way around the roundabout.
    He seemed to hold his position at the back of the truck once he caught up to it in case it was taking the same exit he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Dingatron wrote: »
    Bus misses the exit on the M1 North but goes for it anyway.

"Professional driver". Chap should have his licence taken off for ever, especially attempting something like that in a coach!

josip wrote: »
    If he was really trying to get the jump on the truck he'd have continued accelerating all the way around the roundabout.
    He seemed to hold his position at the back of the truck once he caught up to it in case it was taking the same exit he was.

Perhaps it was a mistake but he doesn't brake until he cant get passed and the truck is indicating in plenty of time that he his going to take that exit but still the audi continues on the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Behavior like this is criminal in my opinion. Would love to see cameras on all busy hatching to issue fines for this.

I hate to pick on you, but I genuinely stumbled across one of your videos by accident and I find this sort of lane hogging to be criminal.

• Advertisement

sdanseo wrote: »
    I hate to pick on you, but I genuinely stumbled across one of your videos by accident and I find this sort of lane hogging to be criminal.

The signs before that video start tell you which lane to be in depending on whether your going N or S onto M50 so technically he's not actually hogging the lane.

Assuming he is travelling at the speed limit then the undertaker is flying and dangerously undertaking no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The undertaker is definitely over the limit.

sdanseo wrote: »

How often do you drive that road?

Are you familiar with the overhead gantry 600m further back, stating which lane to be in? I was going south on the M50 btw, so no, I was in the correct lane.

Also, undertaking at 120kph kph in an 80 zone is a completely stupid thing to do, particularly in an are where I often see speed cameras. I worked out 120kph by looking at the number of video frames it took him to pass me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Words eaten, my bad. I didn't realise the stretch had a gantry with lane indications. And for the record I agree that 120km/h undertake is stupid, regardless.

/humblepie

It does look bad if you don't know the road to be fair. I hate lane hoggers as much as the rest of this forum. My video nearly encourages it to be honest since its not clear that I'm in the rig br lane. Could have started it earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Used to seeing people jump lane at Dunkettle, but they usually wait until there is a big enough gap to fit in to. This chap wasn't going to yield for anyone.

Jesus focking chirst! :eek:.

• Advertisement

Jesus focking chirst! :eek:.
    Just goes to prove how the bigger ones can push the smaller ones around!
    He must have been driving a fully loaded truck as the impact didn't appear to slow him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Had to be serious injuries in that van, the poor passengers.

EDIT: The lorry driver fell asleep, 15 months in prison.

http://www.stratford-herald.com/52780-a46-crash-lorry-driver-jailed-15-months.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

josip wrote: »

I don't agree. If you want to go right at a roundabout and you're in doubt, why go in the middle lane entering the roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Had to be serious injuries in that van, the poor passengers.
    €600 euro and a kick in the hole as compensation in Germany allegedly.
    Although whiplash is "banned" in the UK now too is it, so just medical bills paid for maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

OSI wrote: »
    I reckon a truck going fast enough to plough through 4 vehicles did a little more damage than whiplash.

not to mention to the biker coming the other way who ran into the wreckage at full tilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

OSI wrote: »
    I reckon a truck going fast enough to plough through 4 vehicles did a little more damage than whiplash.

Assuming front seat passengers only, and seeing as all of the cars/vans rolled out of the impact without being sandwiched against something in front, what do you think would be the most serious damage apart from the cervical spine?

• Advertisement

Aftermath and list of drivers and their injuries here:

Details on the original youtube video description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Aftermath and list of drivers and their injuries here:

Details on the original youtube video description.

It's terrifying to read the list of injuries that occurred from that 1 crash! It just goes to show, even with the latest safety features on cars and people wearing seat belts, that getting rear ended by a truck like this can cause such life changing injuries.

Nearly happened to me last year. I was driving my wife's Suzuki Swift and stopped on the road to make a right turn. I looked in my rear mirror and saw a van booting down the road! Luckily for both of us he noticed at the last second and screeched on the brakes and skidded to a stop millimetres from my back bumper. There was smoke everywhere from the tyres. It was a shaky and slow drive back home that day!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

First attempt at a dash-cam video. An example of everyday Donegal roads/Driving. Raging I accidentally deleted my video of the Garda car dangerously overtaking oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jesus what a domino effect.
    I'm curious what the (rightly so) compensation will be to all the families for that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

madalig12 wrote: »
    First attempt at a dash-cam video. An example of everyday Donegal roads/Driving. Raging I accidentally deleted my video of the Garda car dangerously overtaking oh well.

Jaysus, was that all from one clip?

Edit: just spotted the date stamp on the video. That undertake on the H/S is mad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement