Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Another car with no lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I'm curious on what I should have done differently.
    Change lane earlier ?

To Mod: should we start another thread for the comments ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This thread is for dashcam videos only. Not chat. I have cleaned up posts without videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

A bit hard to see from the video, best to watch in at least 720p and full screen.
    Watch the wine coloured Mercedes that goes by in the left lane.
    It switches to the right lane to undertake a few cars and then when it catches up with another car in that lane it uses the hard shoulder to undertake.
    It then gets stcuk and the driver seems to be on both brake and throttle permanently before diving into the left lane again, cutting up another car and causing it to come hard on the brakes.
    Would have liked to be closer, but couldn't match the Mercedes’ acceleration :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

out of my way, im more important than you

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Saw this tulip today totally disregarding any rules at a roundabout.
    The car in front of him is as guilty as he is, but at least he had some sort of gap to go for, the guy in the white Auris, had no gap.

The Audi driver was pretty pi$$ed off, and thy remonstrated with each other for a while.
    After I passed them, I saw the Audi driver almost cause a crash while he was waving his hands out the window while alongside the Auris.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poor lane discipline going through a junction,

Reason I went for the undertake was the guy was slowing down coming up to a set of green lights, as evidenced by the fact the bus was pulling away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

Straight through a red light while I was crossing. on the phone too from what I could see.

can anyone make out the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Heading home in the wee hours of the morning from a poorly filled town on a friday night and came around the corner to meet a lost soul/ a drunk/ a chancer/ a sh1te driver. You be the judge :)

<invalid youtube link - removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Traffic lights are faulty, countdown to zero and then flash "--", cars in front drive on however as I get to the pedestrian crossing I can see the left/right lights are still green so stop, black van turning left obviously sees me and sounds his horn, nowhere I can go as car directly behind me, sound my horn as it's obvious he won't make the turn without hitting me however he accelerates presumably due to the oncoming car and clips my bumper. Assume he must have felt it and also assume the damage to his car must be more substantial than mine however he didn't stop. I got out and checked the damage and hung around for a few minutes however he didn't return and I didn't get his number. Chalk it up to experience.

Idiots like this really annoy me.

Had he waited about 100 metres, he could have safely/legally changed lane.

He also had plenty of time before the lanes were split with the hatchings to move into the lane he wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Cyclist has to swerve across the road to avoid getting hit by a car and a pedestrian runs directly into 3 lanes of moving traffic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

If you go down to the woods today....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A guy posted this dash cam video on Reddit. The culprit in the video actually seen it on reddit after a friend shared it to him/her, he/she made a reddit account and apologized!

KEmuUcZ.png

Source: http://np.reddit.com/r/Austin/comments/2yt89w/i_always_have_close_calls_on_the_mopac_and_bee/cpcy3mz?context=3

A truck joins the N3 Dublin, I move over to allow him merge onto the duel carriageway, but he forces me to brake hard as he bullies his way into the next lane ...

• Advertisement

Question to mod ... Whats the story with the old thread (i actually miss it) or a new chat thread?

Clip 1. Female walks blindly in front of me, Male see's me and crosses when I give him the wave and he wave's back, However in ...
    Clip 2. I turn in for LIDL and these kids shout at me "watch where your driving" lol

Blocking a yellow box once is bad, but to block it twice in a row is just ignorant ...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I'm going to put my hands up and say that i'm no angel in this one, but this guy made me feel like i was stopped. . . .
    (just to add,the outside lane is right turn only!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Thankfully nothing was coming the other way over the bridge

Red Light

4 Clips from today, Hope nobody was hurt at the crash ...

2 catches today within the space of 5 minutes,

First one was on East Wall Road, driving along and the taxi driver just pulls out into my lane, causing me to swerve around him! There was a Garda traffic car behind me who didn't really seem interested.

Second one is a young guy in a Fiat Punto (with L plates) failing to stop at a set of lights turning red, he had plenty of time to stop on amber, but just didn't seem interested in stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Thank god for the driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

^^^Video is private

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement