Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brakes imbalance - how to rectify?

Options
  • 01-12-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

My Nissan Primastar van passed the DoE test recently but I noticed on the Pass Statement the Service brake axle 2 imbalance is 28.67% when the maximum is 30% so it almost failed on this part of the test.

The brake effort is as follows:

Service Brake axle 2: Nearside 213KGF, Offside 298KGF

Service brake performance: 66.61%
    Parking brake performance: 21.97%

Having looked at previous Pass Statements, the imbalance has increased with each DoE test.

The Nearside KGF has decreased while the offside KGF has increased - last year it was 236 and 269 respectively.

Would this suggest the rear Nearside calliper needs replacing? If not, what else could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice / tips - going on a long journey soon and afraid of the calliper seizing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Nah, I'd get the rear brakes checked/adjusted/bled on its next service. Come next test will tell if the same fault is there, but in the meantime, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Most likely a brake pad sticking in the carrier or pins half seized in the calliper where it slides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Had the doe on a pajero today and the imbalance was worse on axle 2 after new discs, pads and slider pins. 16% as opposed to 12 last year. Maybe it's a machine fault or my brakes ain't bedded yet. Calipers were fine and each corner was bled correctly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

16% is a big imbalance on new gear Kay 9, is shoes binding on one side maybe?

Advertisement