Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two cars Stolen! [Meath]

• 26-11-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi everyone. Both my car and my wife's car has been stolen overnight. We live in Rathmolyon co. Meath. Silver VW Golf-12ww284 and Silver Lexus is200-00D49420. Please contact Trim garda if you spot the cars. Thanks. Will try to upload some pics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Scumbags! Did they break in?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

Both keys were in the kitchen. No forced entry. We are both still in shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

tview wrote: »
    Both keys were in the kitchen. No forced entry. We are both still in shock.

So the house was open and they simply walked in???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are they keys still in the kitchen?

Hey guys tnx for your concern.Would appreciate if you can keep your ears on the ground. @CJC NO the house was locked. How they manage to enter the house to get the keys,is still under investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pictures would be a real help OP, as people usually don't keep reg's in their memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Vicxas wrote: »
    Pictures would be a real help OP, as people usually don't keep reg's in their memory.

header_391-400.jpg

lexus_key_paxton_locksmithing.8101401_std.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Effects wrote: »
    Stupid pictures

D1ckhead

I'm down in tipp so not much use but of course will keep my eyes peeled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi everyone. Both my car and my wife's car has been stolen overnight. We live in Rathmolyon co. Meath. Silver VW Golf-12ww284 and Silver Lexus is200-00D49420. Please contact Trim garda if you spot the cars. Thanks. Will try to upload some pics.

jesus

sorry to hear that

fishing rod through letter box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Could be key bumping too.

A lot of cheaper house door locks are easily defeated with the right know how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

possibly even easier then that.. after a break in, and noticing some scratches around the door frame, we reckon folks broke into my parents house with a strip of metal from a coke can (dad was able to replicate with such). Inserted in and around the door jamb, and pushed in the latch. Just like they used to do with credit cards in the 90's tv shows :eek:

Locks replaced with features to prevent that, and chubb always on now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

mullingar wrote: »
    Could be key bumping too.

A lot of cheaper house door locks are easily defeated with the right know how

Bumping is noisy enough, would they do that in an occupied house?

Wossack wrote: »
    possibly even easier then that.. after a break in, and noticing some scratches around the door frame, we reckon folks broke into my parents house with a strip of metal from a coke can (dad was able to replicate with such). Inserted in and around the door jamb, and pushed in the latch. Just like they used to do with credit cards in the 90's tv shows :eek:

Locks replaced with features to prevent that, and chubb always on now..
    That is highly likely. Was entertaining that possibility as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Maybe I'm not seeing something as I'm on the phone but.... Did a poster ask for pics of the cars and another poster gave pics of the keys?

bear1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not seeing something as I'm on the phone but.... Did a poster ask for pics of the cars and another poster gave pics of the keys?
    I'm not that daft mate.

I'm not that daft mate.

Erm I think you need to take another look at the thread. I wasn't speaking about you.

Effects wrote: »
    Vicxas wrote: »

header_391-400.jpg

lexus_key_paxton_locksmithing.8101401_std.jpg

I don't appreciate your sense of humour right now.

I'm not that daft mate.

Erm I think you need to take another look at the thread. I wasn't speaking about you.

I humbly apologise. It's been a long day.

• Advertisement

I humbly apologise. It's been a long day.

No worries, you will always find some gob****e on here trying to be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Do you have any pics?

I'll be in a few car parks in Dublin over the next two days so I'll keep an eye out.

I'm trying to figure out how ad some pics in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Put them up on imgur or equivalent tview.
    Then link them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

An awful thing to have happened OP. I'll try to look out for these cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Just attach the images by clicking the paperclip symbol on the top line of the new message pane.

Hope you get them back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Doesnt the OP need 50 posts before he can add links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Go to postimage.org, upload the pic, copy and paste the link here, someone else can embed the image from there

What did the insurance company say? Also id start looking at maybe installing an alarm in the house. Possibly even a cctv camera on the driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

What did the insurance company say? Also id start looking at maybe installing an alarm in the house. Possibly even a cctv camera on the driveway.

True, bolt that stable door good op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What a cnut about the Golf, but who the fcuk nicks a 15yr old skanger-me-banger.

Long gone to the M50 and beyond I'd say unfortunately tview. Probably worth claiming for the Golf if it doesn't show up.

Any distinguishing features - alloys, body details, colour etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Might be worth calling eFlow and check did either of the cars go through any of the tolls. Although I doubt someone travelled from the other side of the country to nick your two cars, but it still may be a possibility.

I hope you get them both back in your possession sooner rather than later, and in the same condition as they left your driveway in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

MojoMaker wrote: »
    What a cnut about the Golf, but who the fcuk nicks a 15yr old skanger-me-banger.

Was thinking the opposite.

I can see why someone might steal an IS200, being easy to steal and easy to have a good time in.

Why on earth would someone steal a diesel golf? It's probably much harder to steal and even then it's still a diesel golf. You can be sure they didn't steal it to appreciate the door shut noise. The only probability is to sell it as parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was thinking the opposite.

I can see why someone might steal an IS200, being easy to steal and easy to have a good time in.

Why on earth would someone steal a diesel golf? It's probably much harder to steal and even then it's still a diesel golf. You can be sure they didn't steal it to appreciate the door shut noise. The only probability is to sell it as parts.

Surely if you've the keys for both it's trivial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I don't appreciate your sense of humour right now.

Sorry about that. Very insensitive on my part. Best of luck getting your cars back and I'll keep my eyes out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im in Kildare

Is there any pictures of the cars so i know what im looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Any update yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i take it you have had both those cars in the same garage recently
    keys cloned
    address noted
    cars gone

or if the keys are gone do you have a house key that was on the same keyring?
    seems unlikley that it was random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Keep an eye on donedeal fir similar (but not necessarily the same year) golfs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Same thing happened to a friend of mine in Trim a few months ago too. No sign of either car.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

Key cloning is a serious problem here. It's very easy to get it done without proof of ownership. Too fcukin easy tbh.
    Also it's not high end cars that are being targeted so much these days, volume selling cars are nicked for parts as the parts sell quicker due to the volume of them sold, ie, the market is there because of that fact.

Key cloning is a serious issue though, if you know the registration address and registration number, it's shockingly easy to get a coded key done without showing proof of ownership, either through a main dealer or other less reputable sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Isn't there cheap tools on eBay that can get around cars immobilisers? Code generators or whatever they are called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Isn't there cheap tools on eBay that can get around cars immobilisers? Code generators or whatever they are called.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weren't both keys just stolen from the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Link?

Erm..... Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

BMJD wrote: »
    Erm..... Why?!

Because sceptical. How are ye all getting on with yer $20 +50 bhp tuning boxes? ;-)

Jaysis .. vag cars look to be very easily bypassed if those listing are to be believed.... eeek. Hope they work as well as the bmw/Merc airbag tool I bought once - ie pure crap.

Thanks for the replies. Just to update: Still no signs of the cars. I'm not going to answer any questions that i feel ,might jeopardise the ongoing investigation. No success in uploading pics as well. I can not reply as promptly and frequently as i would like to, life's just a bit crazy right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Here are the two stolen cars. If a mod could pop them in the first post and the location, that would be great.

1_zpsgcqsjnmw.jpg~original

2_zpsn61kbadc.jpg~original

3_zps5x2jyjwn.jpg~original

4_zpsd8htezpb.jpg~original

Great help. Tnx voodoomelon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement