Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching for Phone Numbers

• 18-05-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Is there a website that you can type in a phone number and it will tell you owns that number?

I know there are websites that do this for other countries but is there one for Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Is google broke today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Stalker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LindsayLotz

Oh ye are so witty ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...is there one for Ireland?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Just use a phone book

• Advertisement

Not so time efficient to use a phone book if you have the number and want to find out who it belongs to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Not so time efficient to use a phone book if you have the number and want to find out who it belongs to...
    Ring it and ask?

I am just doing research :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

No, there's no such service in Ireland as it was considered a breech of privacy rules.

You can't reverse look up a number here at all.

You could try googling the number and see if it's published anywhere though.

Thank you Solair.

Is it really a breach of privacy though, when you can find someone's number by their name and address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thank you Solair.

Is it really a breach of privacy though, when you can find someone's number by their name and address?

Well think about it like this...you're out in a club and score some guy and give him your number. The next day you sober up and remember that he wasn't particularly good looking/interesting/nice whatever and regret it so when he texts you just ignore him. He then rings you and you ignore him, then two hours later he arrives on your doorstep, even though you didn't tell him where you live, looking to speak to you.

How would that make you feel?

I agree, Fr Dougal.

I am curious as I see these websites are available in other countries and I wonder how do they work without being mistreated.

Advertisement