Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biscuit recipe suitable for cookie cutters?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 2:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to make some biscuits but they should be suitable for shaping in a cookie cutter, anybody got a nice recipe?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

How about a nice shortbread? They're perfect for summer because you can have them with strawberries and cream. I've made them circular and sandwiched them together with jam and then topped them with melted chocolate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/butter_shortbread_74896

Moved to Cakes & Bakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks! Will have a look,

Also forgot to note that they will have red icing on top.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say Nigella's butter cut out cookies would be much better suited for icing.

https://hungryc.wordpress.com/tag/nigella-lawson/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Look great thank you! I forgot to say no eggs allowed woops, but I can find a replacement.
    cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

My mam makes these at Christmas with a little cinnamon thrown in and they're lovely and egg free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

My mam makes these at Christmas with a little cinnamon thrown in and they're lovely and egg free

Strangely satisfying biscuits to make. Just ten minutes of your time, if even that.

Added cinnamon and poppy seeds. Just to say, you might, out of laziness, be tempted to add the sugar, along with the flour and butter, all at once. Don't do that, it really does change the nature of the flavour, for the better, to add the sugar later, once you've started to form a good meaty dough.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Sift the flour (pass it through a sieve), that helps too.

Cat mould is from eBay.. 99P. Star and flower, taken from a bag of kids toys, from the depths of the garage..

Rachel_Allen_Biscuits.jpg

Colours are a bit off, taken under CFL lighting at an ungodly hour..

Cheers MissFlitworth.

Advertisement