Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pan Set - Which one to buy?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

dibkins wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll have to nudge my bro to head into kildare village as we pass next weekend.

Give them a shout first- or subscribe to their email offers thingy- not sure what offers are there currently but some fantastic ones over the Summer months this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

For an update, went to both Kildare Village and Ikea over the weekend. The ones you lined in Zwilling were still on offer, but i passed (i was going to be passnig again today if i wanted to go back!). When i went to Ikea, they turned out to have heaps of the 365+ in stock i happily picked them up! Not sure what their website was up to, but alls well. Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm looking for a set of carbon steel pans.

And this thread could probably do with some updates for 2020.

I'd been looking at DeBuyer's stuff on Amazon and the like.

Does anyone know where you can find a set of them, or similar?

I want a 2-5 all-purpose hard-wearing pans. I've a mix of enamelled, teflon and cast iron, but enamel pans are crap and I'd like some consistency across the set of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I hadn't heard of Vogue, but I dunno do brands matter much. I wouldn't really know one from the other.

Is it a question of steel being steel and it not making a huge difference?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I wouldn't know one from another either, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gbear wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of Vogue, but I dunno do brands matter much. I wouldn't really know one from the other.

Is it a question of steel being steel and it not making a huge difference?
    I have a salter "pan for life" carbon steel flat wok. It warps up in the middle when it is at high heat. I still love it and use it way more than my cast iron pan. It heats up really quick compared to the cast iron or any pan I have used before. This is due to it being so thin though which makes it prone to warping. The non stick performance is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭twignme

knivesandtools.ie have a great selection of de buyer and other good brands of pots and pans. They are all a little bit pricey but it’s a good informative site to browse through. My wish list on here is very long!

• Advertisement

twignme wrote: »
    knivesandtools.ie have a great selection of de buyer and other good brands of pots and pans. They are all a little bit pricey but it’s a good informative site to browse through. My wish list on here is very long!

They seem there or therabouts the prices I've seen elsewhere.

They're not cheap, but if you take care of them, they should last pretty much a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Not sure a set is the way to go; look good on the wall, but selecting best pan for function seems a better way to go, and no redundant pans from the set. YMMV.

Advertisement