Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost key for gun safe.

Options
  • 16-05-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I cannot find one of my keys for gun cabinet. It has two seperate locks. Any idea how i could get it open? locksmith cost? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I got a guy on tradesman.ie recently to unlock a letter box, €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bartbanis

Won't hurt to try that.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cornholio508

Your safe should have a serial No. on it . Contact the dealer and get a replacement set of keys for it . A lock smith would be my second port of call if i absolutely had to get the gun out of the safe .

I am not sure if a locksmith would be cheaper . They might be able to open the safe and make a key for you . Or they could replace the mechanism and give you a new key .

I am sure a locksmith would cast more than ordering a new key from the dealer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

I had this problem a while back and asked what to do just out of curiosity. He said if I contact the manufacturer (Buffalo River) There is about a 6 month waiting list to get the key cut if you have the serial number. Luckily I just lost the spare and still had one. I then went to a stall that cuts keys in the middle of the shopping centre and the lad said he couldnt do it and that I'd have to get it done by a locksmith :p So off I go trekking up to the far end of town to the locksmith shop that sells everything from locks for your diary to big build in safes. Showed it to yer man and about 3 minutes later I had a new set of keys :) He cut them no bother . Cost me €30 though :eek:

Advertisement