Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 from Ice Cream sandwich?

Options
  • 28-02-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if you've any idea how I can upgrade from Android version 4.0.3.I have tried to update the software via my phone and via Samsung Kies with usb bugging.I have had no success,the firmware downloads successfully by both means but fails to install correctly.The phone does appear to recognised by my laptop as the procedure progresses.Any suggestions?My phone model is GT-19100.
    Selig :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if you've any idea how I can upgrade from Android version 4.0.3.I have tried to update the software via my phone and via Samsung Kies with usb bugging.I have had no success,the firmware downloads successfully by both means but fails to install correctly.The phone does appear to recognised by my laptop as the procedure progresses.Any suggestions?My phone model is GT-19100.
    Selig :confused:

Does Kies actually say that there's a firmware update available for your phone when you plug it in?

Is it a branded phone or sim-free?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Does Kies actually say that there's a firmware update available for your phone when you plug it in?

Is it a branded phone or sim-free?
    It is SIM free/unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

kkhornet wrote: »

I did this last night amd have noticed a couple of issues so far...

Play store doesnt work. Some times it lets me open and see installed apps but if I try to update an app the store crashes.

Also I couldnt get google maps to locate my positoon while driving. I had gps turned on but just popped up saying current locatoon unavailable.

Any suggestions of rectifying this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If thats an Official Stock rom, it should'nt be acting that way. Did you do a clean install?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

I did this last night amd have noticed a couple of issues so far...

Play store doesnt work. Some times it lets me open and see installed apps but if I try to update an app the store crashes.

Also I couldnt get google maps to locate my positoon while driving. I had gps turned on but just popped up saying current locatoon unavailable.

Any suggestions of rectifying this?

No idea man, I havnt had any problems at all since I updated. dunno why they wouldn't be working for you

No idea man, I havnt had any problems at all since I updated. dunno why they wouldn't be working for you

Gps worked fine later in the day but play store still not working.

If thats an Official Stock rom, it should'nt be acting that way. Did you do a clean install?

By clean imstall do you mean did I factory reset before installing? No would be the answer. I just followed the procedure above. Seemed to work fine without complications.

By clean imstall do you mean did I factory reset before installing? No would be the answer. I just followed the procedure above. Seemed to work fine without complications.

Play store now works after uninstalling update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I've followed that procedure and upgrade went without a hitch, I then factory reset the phone.

Haven't had any issues since. Before upgrading my SG2 was locking up and resetting at least once a day, mostly if browsing the web or opening apps. Since the upgrade on Friday not one reset so I'm happy so far.

Well worth the upgrade.

Advertisement