Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer or wine tasting for two people in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-08-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was thinking of bringing my boyfriend to a beer or wine tasting as part of his birthday gift, but most of the ones I've seen advertised seem to cater for groups, hens and stags, etc.

Anyone know of a more chilled out place that does beer or wine tastings for the non-hen and stag crowd??

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Probus on Fenian Street does both and I'd say it's fairly civilised. I can't find any information online, though. Give them a ring: 01 662 9649.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,885 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

La Cave have periodic wine tasting evenings running... you would be part of a small group but would be very civilized, midweek so no chance of hen or stag types crowd.
    http://lacavewinebar.com/wineschool/wine-tasting-programme/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ely also do wine tasting nights. They do nice food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Against the Grain on camden st do a paddle of beers. its 5 glasses of any beers of your choice.

You get 5, he gets 5 different ones and have a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Jw sweetmans does a brewery tour and tasting tray for 15e or something like that. Handy location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Headline do such a thing as well in the form of beer vouchers and splendid food as well. There's (decent) cocktails as well so it's not just pints; 01 5320279 is the number.

Advertisement