Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer for Electric Picnic

• 13-08-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm off to the Picnic in 3 weeks, just trying to come up with options on beer to bring with me. Will need to be cans, no glass allowed in camp site. I cant stomach lager so that's most of the cheaper options gone. The local offie sell Brew Dog, Metalman and a few others, but that works out about 5 euro per litre. I was thinking cans of Guinness Extra might be the best option.

Anyone got any other options?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Drinkstore do a few other cans like London Pride but I don't think they're cheap either. I'd treat myself to a few nice cans of something like Punk or Metalman and then move onto the cheaper ones after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Bass, and it's ok warm

That's why I was thinking extra stout, it's ok warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah, stouts are the best for the reason you mentioned. Box of red wine also a good sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cans of Metalman Equinox might work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This post has been deleted.

I'd definitely agree with this. Bass was my beer of choice in my student days and it really isn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I brought Bass to the picnic before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

For the last two years I've brought the likes of Punk & Sierra Nevada. Also had some Brooklyn last year but it a bit too boring.

Go for higher ABVs to cut down on weight. Torpedo, Modus Hoperandi, Centenial, or even Jackhammer which is now available in cans.

I would still get a regular tray of your cheap Macro for those late night any beer will do moments, and also for giving to mates when you get stung. It hurts when people start eyeing up the good stuff when they "have none left". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Get into homebrewing and use the PET bottles.

Bit late for this year but there's always next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

blueshed wrote: »
    Get into homebrewing and use the PET bottles.

Bit late for this year but there's always next year

I actually have all the gear and pet bottles, just never thought of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

dylbert wrote: »
    I actually have all the gear and pet bottles, just never thought of it!

I'm going for some Stella artois....although the missus is begging me not too

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Does anywhere sell cans of Warsteiner these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cans of Metalman Equinox might work?

Anyone seen Metalman Heatsink cans about? Thinking a few of them might work for the Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Personally i'd avoid the stout. It has been known to make me gassy.
    Especially if i'm sharing a tent all weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

If you have the PET bottles why not try the off licence that are doing the growler fills.

Maybe they would fill your btls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Saw on twitter last night that O'Briens in Naas have 24 cans of Blacks of Kinsale KPA for €40 which is fantastic value! Not sure if it's all branches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I brought Bass to the picnic before.

Are you a DJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone seen Metalman Heatsink cans about? Thinking a few of them might work for the Picnic.

Should be in all usual off licenses now

I think any of the Irish breweries that do cans are missing a trick here, they could do a massive EP promotion for trays. They would've gotten a decent amount of free advertising too if they played it canny (no pun intended!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think any of the Irish breweries that do cans are missing a trick here, they could do a massive EP promotion for trays. They would've gotten a decent amount of free advertising too if they played it canny (no pun intended!) :)

KPA is 40 yoyos for 24 cans in O'Brien's, that's pretty fecking decent.

• Advertisement

KPA is 40 yoyos for 24 cans in O'Brien's, that's pretty fecking decent.

Tis, but I reckon if one of the breweries were on top of it they could've had a much better promotion in the run up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BaZmO* wrote: »

Possible volume capacity issues and obligations to distributors . Metalman of example have have just switch over to there new 24hl system. That 4 times the Brewhouse capacity compared to there old system

oblivious wrote: »
    Possible volume capacity issues and obligations to distributors.

Yeah I'd say that's it alright. It'd be a bit cheeky to let down everyone else just to push an EP promotion. But it'd definitely be something that'd work if it was planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Advertisement