Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

polaris68 wrote: »
    Penalties are killing the Eagles.

A fair whack of them were bogus homer calls but there's no excuse for a few of them.

We are so one dimensional with Sanchez at qb. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's not over yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We are so one dimensional with Sanchez at qb. :(

Im no fan of his but to be fair, yeah hes to slow, but tonight hes having a good game.

Right Bradley Fletcher, just try and not give up yards, just try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Turning into a shoot out. RGIII up next.

Wow we got lucky there, DJax was away again, well done cox

Im no fan of his but to be fair, yeah hes to slow, but tonight hes having a good game.

He's still been really inaccurate. How many passes are receivers having to check back. Its so rare he hits someone in stride.

Fletcher Cox is a monster. Outside of Watt i dunno if anyone is better at the position.

Yes... safety deep and thats what you get. Huge play... my heart dropped when the bomb went out.

• Advertisement

He's still been really inaccurate. How many passes are receivers having to check back. Its so rare he hits someone in stride.

Fletcher Cox is a monster. Outside of Watt i dunno if anyone is better at the position.
    Geno Atkins, though he plays a different role. I'm also a huge fan of Michael Brockers personally, but it's a tough call between them.

Interception, Eagles could tie this up now!

Thank the lord Allen covered fletcher there

Bahahaha, i was gonna praise Fletcher, for knocking it away there til i saw it hit him in the head.

He had been playing OK tonight to be honest, but at the end of the day... Sanches gonna Sanchez.

Yeah thats the thing with Sanchez, plays well, then f*#&$ up

Those last two throws were awful. We don't really deserve to win this tbh.

• Advertisement

Williams misses... and that's probably the game.

EDIT: The refs competition to see who can give the lightest roughing the passer penalty continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Carey is no Mike Pereira, is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Billy86 wrote: »
    Sanches gonna Sanchez.

Pretty much sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Eagles have just imploded.

Those last two throws were awful. We don't really deserve to win this tbh.

Yeah we dont deserve to win, the defense is mush and gave up countless yards receiving and in penalties

• Advertisement

I rewound that... Barwin wasn't offside.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I rewound that... Barwin wasn't offside.

One of the worst officiated games you'll see. We've been shocking tho. With how bad the skins are we shouldn't be in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Yay skins win who would have thought:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

With that Eagles loss, the Lions are officially playoff-bound:):):)

One of the worst officiated games you'll see. We've been shocking tho. With how bad the skins are we shouldn't be in this situation.

True, you'd swear it was the Seahawks that the Eagles were playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,351 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saw the second half of the game in the end. Well **** it anyway.

The colts are our only hope now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When you spend so little time on football that you forget The Sanchize is the starting qb you know your in trouble!

It just shows how quickly things can change in this league. I mean after the thanksgiving game against dallas, i don't know about other eagles fans but I was certainly thinking that we have it wrapped up.

Way to tackle San diego. I know this is a new field but it looks bad just looking at it.

• Advertisement

The Chargers and Rivers have fallen off so badly in the second half of the season it is unbelievable. OK so they do have an awful lot of injuries, but they have been absolutely dire.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The colts are our only hope now.

I expect the Colts to win but does it really matter, we're not good enough, our defense is mush, sure we can stop the run well enough, but if we dont get to the QB, he could stand there all game and pick us apart, worst CB's at coverage ive seen.

We may as well have kept Vick then have Sanchez, yeah he fumbles and could throw an interception or two, but at least he'd be a threat on the ground with that Oline, also i said it at the time and looking at his stats in a fairly poor offense, it was a big big mistake letting Djax go in my opinion, Cooper got 2 TD's last night, but apart from them, his season could be summed up by saying i know hes out there, i just cant see him.

Gotta get a new QB in for next season, maybe a speedy WR and definitely some CB's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fell asleep when 49rs were 3 td's ahead after rivers threw the pick 6 to bathesda....how in the utter **** did they manage to lose that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

What in the sweet shiny hell happened SF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Agent J wrote: »
    What in the sweet shiny hell happened SF?

rivers threw 3 fecking int's and still managed to win and gates apparently decided san fran had enough of a headstart

fell asleep when 49rs were 3 td's ahead after rivers threw the pick 6 to bathesda....how in the utter **** did they manage to lose that game

Kaepernick went all kinds of Kaepernick, and Rivers got into a very good rhythm. Turning point was the 49ers getting a long TD pass disallowed for holding I think it was, then on the next play Kaepernick fumbling which the Chargers recovered for a TD. It was around that point that the 49ers began to look more like they have for the last 6 weeks or so, which is to say kind of disinterested. Cracking second half but it went on forever - overtime didn't start until after 5am. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

49ers have to be trading up in the draft for one of them qbs this year.

Raf32 wrote: »
    49ers have to be trading up in the draft for one of them qbs this year.

I reckon they stick with Kaepernick another year at least from what he showed in his first year and a half starting, definitely do not see them going for Winston even if he is available without drafting up. A lot depends on who the new coach is, but they'll surely be enamored with Kaep's potential I reckon... they'll just need to find a way to squeeze an actual brain into his head to put it together. A gamebreaking WR is a bigger need, and maybe a defensive lineman with McDonald gone and Justin Smith older again (turns 36 early next season).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just watched the condensed game of Chargers/49ers. That second half was great fun. Rivers, despite 3 poor enough interceptions, showed some real guts and skill to make some huge 4th down conversions. I really like his playing and how he never, ever stops fighting even when he's playing poorly. Looked like the 9ers were going to weather the storm when Kaepernick ran for the massive TD but they seemed to switch off after that and when the Chargers D started to hit the line of scrimmage hard they forced them into mistakes. But mostly the moral of the story is condensed late night games are great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ugh was convinced Frank Gore would be out/ ineffective after last week. Then wham 50 yard touchdown run, fantasy is a cruel game. Looking forward to watching the condensed version of it as a warmup for this afternoon though.

3-0 so far, picks for the rest of the week...

New England Patriots @ New York Jets
    Detriot Lions @ Chicago Bears
    Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Minnesota Vikings @ Miami Dolphins
    Cleveland Browns @ Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans
    New York Giants @ St Louis Rams
    Indianapolis Colts @ Dallas Cowboys
    Buffalo Bills @ Oakland Raiders
    Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals
    Denver Broncos @ Cincinnati Bengals

Falcons/Saints could really go either way most of all I reckon, could be a sneaky game of the week contender. Browns/Panthers is the same, but should be a terrible match. Some tough calls in there, though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

So today is likely to be Rex's last home game as the coach of the Jets! Hope the players can pull the W out of the bag, then they can all go eat a god damn snack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Case Keenum and Andre Johnson ripping up the Ravens D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

phatkev wrote: »
    So today is likely to be Rex's last home game as the coach of the Jets! Hope the players can pull the W out of the bag, then they can all go eat a god damn snack!

With Edelman and Blount out you stand a good chance of getting that W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens all over the place to start. Hopefully we get it going soon.

• Advertisement

theres not going to be much of Brady left if the game keeps going like this

It's mad to think that sky are telling us about the superbowl already. Where has the season gone to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

phatkev wrote: »
    theres not going to be much of Brady left if the game keeps going like this

I not surprised. Our O line weakness have not been resolved and it will have to be a draft priority. Playing against the Jets D, who are willing to die for Ryan in his last game against us, was always going to make this a tough day for Brady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Matt Elam must be among the worst starting safeties in the league

Bust!

you know its bad when the cart comes out for Mangold

• Advertisement
Advertisement