Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Crematorium in Monaghan or surrounding areas?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know of a horse crematorium in Monaghan or surrounding counties that would come and collect our girl?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Not sure about a crematorium, but what about a local knackery - they usually do call outs, but there will be a collection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I don't think there is such a facility in Ireland for this due to licencing.
    I recently had my dog cremated and he had to be sent up north.

You could try here:
    http://www.petsfarewell.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Yes there is a place up north called Glenvine Crematorium who will travel down south here and collect with special trailer where as far as I know they carry out a private cremation where in over a week you receive her ashes in a wooden box with name plate. Very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BaoisGlas

Thanks for the replies. We have gone with pets farewell and they are collecting her tomorrow.

Do you mind me asking the cost, BoaisGlas?

• Advertisement

Hi, we were quoted £400 (GBP) and £1.50 per mile for collection. They did say price depends on the size of the horse though.

That seems very expensive. Is there any particular reason you chose a crematorium over a knackery, which would probably have been a good deal cheaper?

convert wrote: »
    That seems very expensive. Is there any particular reason you chose a crematorium over a knackery, which would probably have been a good deal cheaper?

I think that is a very personal question, and more up to the OPs prerogative.

OP came on here looking for a crematorium not anything else. I wouldn't appreciate someone asking those type of questions if I was in the same boat.

Kamili wrote: »
    I think that is a very personal question, and more up to the OPs prerogative.

OP came on here looking for a crematorium not anything else. I wouldn't appreciate someone asking those type of questions if I was in the same boat.

Normally I don't 'mod' in threads in which I've posted, but Kamili can you please refrain from backseat modding and telling posters what they can/cannot post in thread. Not only is this covered in the charter, but it's also a site-wide rule.

As per the forum charter, if you've any queries please PM a mod rather than posting in the thread.

C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

have you the land to bury her

most will sell them for pet food,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Jeepers, there's a lot of insensitivity going on in this thread, ranging from persistent mentions of knackers yards to dog food - and then someone decides to wield their mod bully club - cop on people and let the OP deal with their loss decently.

Jeepers, there's a lot of insensitivity going on in this thread, ranging from persistent mentions of knackers yards to dog food - and then someone decides to wield their mod bully club - cop on people and let the OP deal with their loss decently.

Thank you for this. I agree wholeheartedly.

Back on track, OP I understand your loss having recently been through it with my own horse and certainly hope that you are happy with your choice of crematorium. Losing a friend is not easy and I wish I could have done the same in his memory as he was a dear friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clio2009

convert wrote: »

i dont think it s that expensive. you would pay more for a person to be cremated. and if the horse has been Bordglais partner, i do understand her /his choice. it is up to everyone to decide what they want to do when their horse dies. if the bond between horse and rider has been strong i don't see why not having the horse cremated. it is not all about cash.

I am very happy with our decision to have her cremated, there might have been cheaper alternatives but that is not what I wanted for her.

Advertisement