Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting around on Christmas

Options
  • 20-12-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Does anyone have a tip how to get to Tullamore (from Dublin) on the 25th early and back on the 26th late ? I work late on the 24th so I can not go earlier and I work early on the 27th so I need to be back the evening before.

There is no train service on 25th/26th and no bus service on 25th. I looked up car hires and the cheapest I found for the three days from 24th to 27th I pay 220 EUR which is a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

You could try van rental, you might pick one up cheaper than a car, other than that carsharing websites would be your only hope I would say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Yer not in Edinburgh obviously.....:D

http://lothianbuses.com/assets/files/Christmas_2014.pdf

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Yer not in Edinburgh obviously.....:D

http://lothianbuses.com/assets/files/Christmas_2014.pdf

Clearly, proof-reading and attention to detail in information as well as making it readable and easily understood is not one of Lothian Buses strong point.

Now what other company does that remind me of?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

devnull wrote: »
    Clearly, proof-reading and attention to detail in information as well as making it readable and easily understood is not one of Lothian Buses strong point.

All that as maybe,but the customer requiring a Bus Service on Christmas Day does at least have one....proof read or not ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

AlekSmart wrote: »
    All that as maybe,but the customer requiring a Bus Service on Christmas Day does at least have one

Just a shame that for some customers, Lothian decided that some routes running on Christmas Day were twice as important as others, and the others were not worth mentioning.

See page 6 for the answers?

Oh hang on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well if you are getting around, I'll have a pint Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

devnull wrote: »

Blue coach company?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

cdebru wrote: »
    You could try van rental, you might pick one up cheaper than a car, other than that carsharing websites would be your only hope I would say ?

Thank you for the hint. Just rented a Ford Transit van for 114 EUR.

... so if anyone wants a washing machine or so brought from Dublin to Offaly or back I can now help on those days with that :)

Thanks again

Advertisement