Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Goble DOA/Subhumans has died.

• 15-12-2014 4:39am

Not exactly breaking news, in fact it happened a week ago, but I only heard today. Brian "Sunny Boy Roy" Goble who sang for the Canadian band The Subhumans and later (when all the other Subhumans were in max security prisons I think!) played bass and sang occasional vocals for DOA. He had a heart attack and was 57.

Don't know if it means much to anyone here, not much activity on this forum these days anyway, but I thought I'd post it anyway. The guy was after all, to me personally, a major player on some of what I thought was the greatest music I grew up with. Means as much to me today as it did when I was 17, and I met the guy once so it's kinda sad to think from the perspective of a music fan that kids today might not get the same chance to experience as this (song he sang for both bands):

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Was only listening to this yesterday,one of the best punk bands out of canada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Remember hearing about the Canadian Subhumans years ago but never heard of any of their stuff. Love DOA and have quite a few of their albums. RIP Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

Just by chance I found myself on the Punk pages here
    Thanks for letting us know about Brian
    Him and the boys laid down some great songs that will stay with me my whole life
    D.O.A. ~ I hate you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2cC60wL0k

• Registered Users Posts: 38 damone

Played on some of the best h/c punk albums of all time, the guy was a great songwriter and player, as far as classic punk song s go , it doesn't get much better than the sub humans " **** you " !

Advertisement