Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sandisk Ultra II Internal SSD (240 GB) - PC World €79.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

tallpaul wrote: »
    Very good price for an internal SSD from a b&m store. Especially as it seems that the 120GB is the same price. ;)

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/sandisk-ultra-ii-25-internal-ssd-240-gb/324545/402.2.2

Been threatening to purchase one of these for months. Might treat my old dell studio to an infusion !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I just got a 480 gb one for £66 on Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deals. Worth keeping an eye out as thy usually come up again over the week.

Edit: Looks like it's on again at 10:10 tomorrow morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I couldn't find stock anywhere in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

stimpson wrote: »
    I just got a 480 gb one for £66 on Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deals. Worth keeping an eye out as thy usually come up again over the week.

Can you get these deals on the andorid app?

beauf wrote: »
    I couldn't find stock anywhere in Dublin.
    Me neither, worse case pay the €5 delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

These are the older version just so anybody knows before buying.

RossieMan wrote: »
    These are the older version just so anybody knows before buying.
    Is there much difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

went for the 960GB myself €200 after discounts

couldn't help myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Where'd you get the 66 deal? Seems to be almost twice the price there this morning, even as a lightening deal!

azzeretti wrote: »
    Where'd you get the 66 deal? Seems to be almost twice the price there this morning, even as a lightening deal!

It's a lightning deal. Back on at 10:10 this morning for a limited time/limited stock. See here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

I got the 120gb off amazon deals during ghe week for 38E , seems like a bargain now !!

stimpson wrote:
    It's a lightning deal. Back on at 10:10 this morning for a limited time/limited stock. See

Didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

jeffk wrote: »
    Didn't happen

It did. but not for £66. It's £79.99. I was waiting for it too. Booo.

Noxin wrote:
    It did. but not for £66. It's £79.99. I was waiting for it too. Booo.

Impossible to find, opened the link to the app and seen a much bigger one

Waiting on 12 bells tonight to see memoryc.ie

The discount was the same, but the original price on mine was £95, not £120. Weird.

Sorry for getting your hopes up lads.

The discount was the same, but the original price on mine was £95, not £120. Weird.

Sorry for getting your hopes up lads.
    Ah sure isn't it the fun of getting the info and waiting to see if you can the item

Sure we will get another deal on a SSD by tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

It's a lightning deal. Back on at 10:10 this morning for a limited time/limited stock. See here.
    Thanks, picked it up for the 80stg / just shy of €115. Would have paid 350 according to my more knowledgeable friend! currently €160 on PC world so its grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Impossible to find, opened the link to the app and seen a much bigger one

Waiting on 12 bells tonight to see memoryc.ie

If you want it for 80 pounds, try This Link

ends soon though

Noxin wrote: »
    If you want it for 80 pounds, try This Link

ends soon though

Gone, but this is a great deal for the 240GB. About €65. I bought it earlier from PCworld for €79. Ah well !

Went to maplin to look

120Gb SSD €75

Same one on Amazon.De €47

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Went to maplin to look

120Gb SSD €75

Same one on Amazon.De €47

When is Maplin ever cheap with anything. Its mostly cheap Chinese goods for double what they cost online tbh. I only use them for components if I need them quickly, and they seem to be doing less of those all the time.

But to be on topic, the 240 is now £39.99 at Amazon, thanks to simzoli in the other thread:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057528537/1/#post97875338

Just thought I'd mention it here in case someone subscribed to this thread after missing the original deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

The 240 now at £39.99 is the SSD Plus (down from £57.86 and a previous low of £49.99). The Ultra II is still £47.99 (down from £64.99, previous low £55). The latter is "up to" 30 MB/S faster reading & 150 MB/S writing sequentially, better caching & thermal throttling - moot for many, but may be worth the extra £8 to some.

I was saying because pc world was mentioned, but don't have stock and some people might be tempted to buy in a shop

Tried to get the ssd off amazon, they want postage, so it's over seventy

styron wrote: »
    The 240 now at £39.99 is the SSD Plus (down from £57.86 and a previous low of £49.99). The Ultra II is still £47.99 (down from £64.99, previous low £55). The latter is "up to" 30 MB/S faster reading & 150 MB/S writing sequentially, better caching & thermal throttling - moot for many, but may be worth the extra £8 to some.

Well spotted Styron, particularly considering the ungodly hour you posted.:D

I just got this from Amazon - you gotta laugh...

We wanted to let you know that we're refunding you £0.01 for your Amazon.co.uk order #202-XXXXXX-XXXXXX which includes SanDisk SDSSDHII-480G-G25 Ultra II SSD 480 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 550 MB/s (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M8ABFX6), as we've further reduced the price of this item which you purchased during Amazon's Biggest Ever Black Friday Deals Week.

Please allow your bank 5 to 7 days to process the refund. You’ll see this amount credited on your next statement.

When the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail letting you know the date, amount and payment details. Completed refunds information can be viewed in Your Account once you've received a confirmation e-mail from us. You can view completed refunds in Your Orders (https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders) by selecting "Order Details".

Fair play to them all the same :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Got this for 41 quid in Amazon.Order placed 27th
    SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I just got this from Amazon - you gotta laugh...

So that cost you an extra 30 cent for your bank or card refunding 1 penny and converting it to cents. I'd be on to them to complain and criticise them for such nonsense.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So that cost you an extra 30 cent for your bank or card refunding 1 penny and converting it to cents. I'd be on to them to complain and criticise them for such nonsense.

A. It doesn't cost me 30c for a refund
    B. Even if it did I have better things to with my time.
    C. That's my penny. I'll be damned if Amazon are keeping it.
    D. This is Bargain Alerts, not Consumer Issues.

:pac:

A. It doesn't cost me 30c for a refund
    B. Even if it did I have better things to with my time.
    D. This is Bargain Alerts, not Consumer Issues.

C & B are contradictory :p

dodzy wrote: »
    C & B are contradictory :p

How?

Great news everybody. My refund came through and it was even better than expected - 5 cent!

I haven't decided what to spend it on yet. I may use it to pay down my mortgage.

Did anyone have issues with delivery of their SSD from Amazon??

I'm on my third one being sent out, the other two where damaged(the box, didn't open to check drive) as just put into amazon cardboard cardboard sleeve.

I even told them some bubblewrap etc around it, got a €7.50 item off Banggood and was better wrapped

• Advertisement

No issues. Arrived in standard Amazon packaging and no damage to Sandisk box. Not sure if would bother me with an ssd. No moving parts to break.

No issues. Arrived in standard Amazon packaging and no damage to Sandisk box. Not sure if would bother me with an ssd. No moving parts to break.

Was thinking that, but knowing my luck down the line ill have issues, third time lucky I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Did anyone have issues with delivery of their SSD from Amazon??

I'm on my third one being sent out, the other two where damaged(the box, didn't open to check drive) as just put into amazon cardboard cardboard sleeve.

I even told them some bubblewrap etc around it, got a €7.50 item off Banggood and was better wrapped

I got two and both fine but just in an envelope with nothing other then their own sandisk box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I even told them some bubblewrap etc around it

Poor guys in amazon depots have to pack 5 of them every second and you want them to add bubblewrap?? They are all just people, not robots!!

I've seen the doc's

That bit of bubblewrap would have made it two less they'd have to pack (to me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bubble wrap for an sdd? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

SSD is fairly indestructible. I've put thumb drive which is more or less similar tech through a wash and dry cycle and it worked afterwards.

Mainly I assume to protect from cosmetic damage. Though you do see drives with damage connectors from time to to time.

Yes, I know no moving parts.

But you pay €120 and it turns up in a damaged envelope and in turn damaged box around the SSD you think I’m not having that. Then as beauf says there could be connections damaged

I’ve put pendrives in the wash myself, but that’s a €8 part and self-inflicted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was meant to get mine yesterday. I ordered the 480gb Ultra black friday weekend. The drive did not come yesterday and I had sat in all day after been assured by Amazon that the drive would be here by 6pm. I contacted them at 6,20pm trying to find a location on the package only to be told that the ssd was sent with no form of tracking and that I would have to wait till possibly the 22nd of Dec to receive it. I told the person that I wanted an immediate refund as an item like an ssd should have been tracked and there is no way that I can sit around waiting for a parcel for the next week . I was issued an immediate refund . I am quite pi$$ed off about the situation .

Bad form from Amazon in this day and age to send an item that cost €120 and just bung it in the post.

I've certainly broken flash drives by bending them. Its just pure luck if they didn't get damaged in a washing machine.

Advertisement