Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 €299 - Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Seems like a good deal.

Could this be returned to an Argos store here if there was a problem with it?

Seems like a good deal.

Could this be returned to an Argos store here if there was a problem with it?
    I'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

According to that page it comes with full 12 month warranty!
    This is BRAND NEW stock supplied by Argos.

New products are complete with all standard manufacturers parts and accessories, in original packaging, and all supported by the Argos 12 month warranty.

Our 12 month Argos warranty means that you can purchase with full peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Is it one of the old models?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Can also save on the delivery charge by collecting it from your local Argos store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

Seems to be gone now but the 1tb with assassians creed syndicate and watchdogs bundle goes to €379.99 when Uncharted is added in the special offer section on the Argos website. Cex will give €38 for assassians creed and €31 for Uncharted making it nearly the same price for the 1tb if you didn't want to keep those games.

Pretty sure assassians creed is a physical copy inside the box but watchdogs could be download, not sure. Seems to be very good stock of the console bundle but not of Uncharted but I'm sure you can pick that up at a later date!

Can't post a proper link but heres close enough argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4459884.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Thanks all for the replies. This was going to be santa prezzie and the letter is not finalised yet so will wait to pull the trigger just yet!! A laptop/netbook has been mentioned too so that would be my preference as I would get a bit of use out of that too;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

d.lally2 wrote:
    Pretty sure assassians creed is a physical copy inside the box but watchdogs could be download, not sure. Seems to be very good stock of the console bundle but not of Uncharted but I'm sure you can pick that up at a later date!

2 physical copies of games inside the box. Uncharted is a problem for finding stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Isn't there a price drop shortly? Do we know what it will cost standard after this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

What should ps4 retail after Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Isn't there a price drop shortly? Do we know what it will cost standard after this?
    Bowlardo wrote: »
    What should ps4 retail after Christmas?

The recent price reduction of the PS4 was R.R.P €399.99 down to €349.99 now. It will be this price after Christmas too.

Best bargains for anything like this will be around black friday, November 27th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

So the €350 PS4 on Argos with FIFA16 looks the best value out there at the moment. What's this about 'new' PS4 and 'old' PS4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    So the €350 PS4 on Argos with FIFA16 looks the best value out there at the moment. What's this about 'new' PS4 and 'old' PS4?

The old has touch buttons on the console while thre has proper bottons and the old uses more power than the new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Sappy404 wrote: »

Rumoured to be $299 for Black Friday deal.
    Both the PS4 and the Xbox One ($299 each).
    So perhaps 299 in Europe.

I'd imagine there will be some cracking deals on both consoles on the run up to Christmas, so no rush on this deal IMHO.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

biebiebie wrote: »
    Rumoured to be $299 for Black Friday deal.
    Both the PS4 and the Xbox One ($299 each).
    So perhaps 299 in Europe.

I'd imagine there will be some cracking deals on both consoles on the run up to Christmas, so no rush on this deal IMHO.

I wouldn't be so sure.

The PS4 is massively outselling the Xbox One in Europe, so Sony are under less pressure to reduce prices. In the US they are neck to neck, so a lot more competition on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

to be honest, Argos do the best deals on consoles i have seen coming up to Christmas, real value in their bundle deals, the recent one with Uncharted, AC Syndicate, evolve and a €20 voucher was massive. Hoping something as good will be coming soon with Star Wars battlefront included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Fingers crossed for a Fallout deal this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

White PS4 down to €349, can be bundled with FIFA16 (free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Surely the PS4 500Gb with Assassins Creed Syndicate, Watch Dogs and Uncharted Collection (or Fallout 4 for an extra €14) for €319.99 is the best deal going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Tusky wrote: »
    Surely the PS4 500Gb with Assassins Creed Syndicate, Watch Dogs and Uncharted Collection (or Fallout 4 for an extra €14) for €319.99 is the best deal going?

Where is that deal?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Where is that deal?

Argos. You can add either Fallout 4 or Uncharted Collection in the special offers tabs.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4576011/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+500GB.htm

[edit] Fallout special offer doesn't seem to be there anymore. It was there yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

seems to be out of stock everywhere :<

****, sorry. I picked one up a few days ago and there seemed to be plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The above mentioned €319 deal seems excellent value to me. Thinking of picking one up next week

hdowney wrote: »
    The above mentioned €319 deal seems excellent value to me. Thinking of picking one up next week

The same deal is £299.99 (€426) on argos.co.uk. I don't know why it's so cheap over here.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4576011.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Don't see 319 deal. Best I see is 349 on Argos. And it's out of stock atm. Fallout is gone too from their special offers.

Memnoch wrote: »
    Don't see 319 deal. Best I see is 349 on Argos. And it's out of stock atm. Fallout is gone too from their special offers.

€319.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4576011/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+500GB.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Definitely have to keep my eye out come black Friday!

Advertisement