Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on buying a car

Options
  • 21-01-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm buying my first proper car wish I hope to keep for a minimum of about 3 years. I'm buying a used car from a dealer and was looking for feedback on some models I've narrowed it down to. I have decided on either a Ford Fiesta 04, Opel Corsa 05, Citreon C4 05 and a Honda Jazz 03 if anyone has owned/owns one or has advice on which car might be best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Rossdjm wrote: »
    I'm buying my first proper car wish I hope to keep for a minimum of about 3 years. I'm buying a used car from a dealer and was looking for feedback on some models I've narrowed it down to. I have decided on either a Ford Fiesta 04, Opel Corsa 05, Citreon C4 05 and a Honda Jazz 03 if anyone has owned/owns one or has advice on which car might be best?
    Tick the Corsa of your list sraight away. They are a troublesome disaster of a car, they are best avoided. Tbh the only two id consider on your list would be the jazz and the fiesta. If buying a fiesta get the 1.25 version and not the old pushrod 1.3. The fiestas are a good reliable car in general and a good one should last a very long time.

Have you considered any other cars? Something like a Yaris or Diahatsu Sirion? These are two of the most reliable small cars on the road imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I'd go with the C4 mostly because it's the prettiest aesthetically :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Tick the Corsa of your list sraight away. They are a troublesome disaster of a car, they are best avoided. Tbh the only two id consider on your list would be the jazz and the fiesta. If buying a fiesta get the 1.25 version and not the old pushrod 1.3. The fiestas are a good reliable car in general and a good one should last a very long time.

Have you considered any other cars? Something like a Yaris or Diahatsu Sirion? These are two of the most reliable small cars on the road imo.

Thats a very negative review of the corsa is there any reason you say this as in my experience they have been very reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Go with the Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

visual wrote: »

Thats a very negative review of the corsa is there any reason you say this as in my experience they have been very reliable.
    Steering racks going in them is very common and are expensive to fix. I know of one where the multifuntion control module went leaving the owner stranded. They are also a dog to drive imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement