Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When to NCTS update their website?

• 22-01-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

Booked in for an NCT the otehr day (in Cork) and the earliest I could get was March 19th.
    I'm thinking that between this and then there'll have to be a few people cancelling and rescheduling, so I'm wondering when their website is updated with the new info so I might pull the test forward a bit.

If this is sacred info, I'm perfectly willing to accept PMs to receive this info! ;)

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Was just on booking my own in and seen this

If you are unable to obtain an appointment within four weeks at your chosen Test Centre then please call us on 1890 412 413

Might be worth ringing to register for cancellations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭nct tester

ring them and ask to be put on a waiting list. they only open slots 2 - 3 weeks in advance. they will text u an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

just ring or text them, they are usually really helpful, I got an apptment in Cork the other day for Jan 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just rang them there, and was put on the priority list. They said I'll have one within 4 week tops, and probably a lot sooner.

Nice one lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If they are unable to test your car within 4 weeks then the test is free.
    This only applies if you phone them, if you have already booked your car in online for a date exceeding 4 weeks then you have accepted that date and would have to pay for the test on the day.
    As NCT Tester says, ring them and give them a day or two to text you back with a date which falls within the 4 weeks.
    Once you explain to them that you are aware of this 4 week rule then they will usually test your car within the 4 weeks.
    This 4 week business is part of Applus+'s contract and not some sort of goodwill or marketing notion.
    Also, do not let anyone tell you that this simply means that they have 4 weeks to come back to you with a test date (which could be six months away).....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've rang them before and given a few local centres and they've always been able to find something within a few days or sooner again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

The website seems to a update a few times during the day. I kept on checking yesterday and in the afternoon got a booking for today.

Advertisement