Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda ts2 2.0 diesel

Options
  • 23-01-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm considering buying a 2008 Mazda six ts2 2 litre diesel,only today I'm surprised with some bad reviews I've been reading,wondering has any had issues with this model or would anyone advise me for or against it!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Zypher29 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a 2008 Mazda six ts2 2 litre diesel,only today I'm surprised with some bad reviews I've been reading,wondering has any had issues with this model or would anyone advise me for or against it!?

2 litre Mazda diesel? Avoid.

They don't all go wrong, but we've had 2 from 5 of the new models have total engine failure. Wouldn't fancy those odds if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zypher29

Thanks for the reply mate,yeah well I had been shopping around for a diesel SIx speed modeo but of seven I had ear marked they had all been snapped up in last three days,gutted,turned to look at Mazdas as I've been told they are just as relaxable,obviously not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Zypher29 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply mate,yeah well I had been shopping around for a diesel SIx speed modeo but of seven I had ear marked they had all been snapped up in last three days,gutted,turned to look at Mazdas as I've been told they are just as relaxable,obviously not!!

Have a look at the Insignia, or the Accord if it isn't a lot more expensive.

We've a lot of Insignias on the fleet and while they aren't all trouble free, the problems tend to be small, cheap to fix issues.

Not much goes wrong with Hondas full stop. There were some issues on the previous model, but Honda sorted them under warranty and I don't think the new model suffers from the same issues.

Skoda Superb is also worth a look if you can look past the looks, and find a high spec 2.0 in budget.

Actually had a 2.2 diesel 04 accord and it died on me on the motorway after a nightshift!wrong diesel had been put into it for years before I had it apparently,with the budget I have I could not approach the new model,heard the insignias are bit troublesome yeah,back to the drawing board I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

R.O.R wrote: »
    2 litre Mazda diesel? Avoid.

They don't all go wrong, but we've had 2 from 5 of the new models have total engine failure. Wouldn't fancy those odds if it was me.

Were the failures just on the 2.0 diesels, or did it affect the 2.2 ones also? Thinking about getting a 2.2 hatchback/estate (or even the 1.8 petrol if I can find a decent one) but finding it hard to get real reliability info on these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just the 2.0d. 2.2d hasn't suffered from anything catastrophic yet.

I'm looking at a 2.2 diesel also,are they not as curses as the 2.0s? 163bhp very appealing too

Advertisement