Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog poisoning. Help request.

Options
  • 21-12-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all.
    I am putting this up for friends who lost their dogs last week in, unfortunate to say the least,circumstances.
    As people on here will understand, their dogs were their lives and they would dearly appriecate any help.
    Below is a link to the story.
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1768824

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

That is so sad. Those poor people, to lose both of them.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

Thats really sad, i hope they find out how the dogs came in contact with the poison.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I saw something recently on tv about carbofuran in relation to golden eagles being poisoned in Tyrone. They seemed to think certain people must have stock-piled these banned poisions so somebody out there surely must know who these individuals are :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I saw something recently on tv about carbofuran in relation to golden eagles being poisoned in Tyrone. They seemed to think certain people must have stock-piled these banned poisions so somebody out there surely must know who these individuals are :mad:.
    there is still tons of it around , most farmers are very carefull when it comes to using the like , but there can never be a 100% safe way of using any poison , iirc the type used acts quickish so there should be some of what was laced with it left in the stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Thats so sad cant begin to imagine losing your two pets in such circumstances I hope they find out who did it, just a tip to contact the guards in case any other cases come up and maybe establish a pattern/radius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ginwmot

Thanks for all the kind regards, I will pass them on.
    In response, they have contacted all the relevant authorities but I dont think they really got any positive feelings from any of them.This is why they put it on Donedeal & I said I'd put it up here for them and would appriecate if any of you would post a link on any other forums you might know or be members of.
    If you knew these people I think you would agree they are salt of the earth and to loose their "Furry Sons" as they affectionatly called them is a devistating blow to them as it would be to all especially at this time of year.
    Again, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looking at the photos of those two guys is absolutely heart wrenching when you read the story, they are absolutely adorable. I sincerely hope your friends can at least get some closure by finding out the circumstances, and importantly, to help prevent it happening again. My condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

My heart is broke, why would somebody do this? It makes my blood boil:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

God that's awful, beautiful dogs too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dreadful loss, but strychnine is such an uncommon poison to have around now im amazed its even in the equation,its not impossible just such an old school poison to have around. A Bernese and a Retriever are herding dogs so that amazes me even more that they'd be targeted at all. I could understand a farmer shooting indescriminately but poisoning is deliberate and especially strychnine.Theres more to this than meets the eye...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

This is so sad, my Springer managed to consume a large amount of rat poison a few months ago, it took nearly a month for my vet to give him the all clear and that was a rough time.

After he got the all clear she admitted the reason they were so conservative in saying he was ok was that the day before he got to them they had lost a rottie and another springer to poisoning so she wasn't taking any chances with Boe.

I do hope that they find out what happened, the not knowing is so hard and must just add to the overwhelming grief :(

Much love to them xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Aww! They were two gorgeous dogs it's such a shame, I hope they find out how the dogs came in contact with it. It all seems strange to me.

Advertisement