Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a cooler for a vostro?

Options
  • 06-10-2007 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Got my vostro 1500 during the week, with the 9 cell battery. I must admit it can get a tad hot doing stuff like word processing or browsing the net, let alone gaming. Do cooler pads actually make a difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, but make sure you get a right sized one - the wrong size can actually make cooling worse, even if it looks to be working. I used to have a cooler for my old laptop and when playing games it dropped temps about 8c.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hmm I was thinking of getting on myself. Would you know a good one for a 17" inspiron 9400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

9 cell batteries sticking out the back of the laptop ???

coolers to keep stuff cool ????

and so the whole portability thing goes out the window.
    you should all have gone for desktop PC's and a good rucksack to carry them round

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Or one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

kaaaah kaaah kaaa ka ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nice portable diy laptop cooler
    http://blog.cheer10s.com/index.php/archives/14

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

These are foldable so you can just throw'em into your case/bag/etc. - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=337610

Advertisement